Lifetime Subs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TiaMaria, May 19, 2020.

1. TiaMaria New Member

Will there be anymore opportunity to purchase lifetime subscriptions?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It is possible, but I don't expect it to happen any time soon.

December 18th - 30th 2018's "Winter Extravaganza" was when they did that, I have read some saying it was done before for EQ but I am not aware of any prior Lifetime sub ever being offered before myself.

So maybe in another 10 or 20 years time we will see it return.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

2018 was actually the first and only time true lifetime AllAccess membership was offered. EQ never had a lifetime sale but DC Universe Online (DCUO) did.

The non-2018 "lifetime" AllAccess memberships were grandfathered in from DCUO. However, those older grandfathered lifetime memberships differ in that they're only lifetime for the life of DCUO, i.e. once DCUO shuts down the grandfathered lifetime accounts are supposed to become regular non-lifetime again..

@TiaMaria , it's not likely that a similar lifetime membership promotion will occur any time soon. My suggestion would be to sign-up for the 1 year plan, the cost works out to about $10 a month and you would need to expect to play DBG's AllAccess games for 3+ years to get the added value of a Lifetime promotion (assuming it were offered at ~$300 again).
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

No, there are no current plans and I think it's unlikely you'll see lifetime offered again.
    Yinla, KermittheFroglok and minimind like this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Least I got my golden armor and bag im happy.

Andarriel
  6. Tebos1 New Member

I had exempt status for three accounts prior to Daybreak being owner of the game. I pay like everyone else now!
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

Dreamweaver, thank you for answering! I'm going to bookmark this thread and quote it everytime similar lifetime subscription questions pop up around the winter holidays and EQ anniversary. :)
    narksar likes this.
  8. KermittheFroglok Augur

What was "exempt" status, is that something you got for being a SOE employee or game guide?
    narksar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.