Lifetime Membership

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sippycup, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

Is there still an option to buy this or was it a one shot deal ?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So far looks like a one shot deal. Nothing has been said by DBG to say it will happen again nor has anything been, that I am aware of, that it won't.
    Fireballs likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Limited one time offer, there's always a chance they will do it again, but they may not.
    Fireballs and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

Remember that this was a lifetime membership to All Access, not Everquest.

If EQ is sold on, or moved to another entity such as Darkpaw Games (https://tagn.wordpress.com/2019/07/11/is-darkpaw-games-the-new-future-for-norrath/), you may find it drops out of the All Access family of games, and you are back paying a membership sub to play.

'lifetime' offers like this do give companies a one off cash injection, at the cost of reduced income further down the line, so it's a great idea if you need cash now, or are not planning on holding on to the product long term. The thing is with all access is that the company can change what games it covers. Games can be introduced or removed without any terms and conditions being breached as you still have what you paid for... i.e. all access.

The lifetime membership is a gamble really. It may pay off, it may not. It's really down to the individual if they want to stump up that sort of money up front. I personally didn't want to take the risk, but i know many that did, and seem quite happy with their choice up to now.

Just make sure you know what you're buying into if the offer does reappear.
    Fireballs likes this.