LFG forum

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Laronk Augur

I see random people on the forums complaining that its hard to form groups so that they can do x or do y and I see people on the forums who would actually try to help these players. Maybe Darkpaw could add a lfg forum so players could go.

"looking for regular group / friends weekdays 8-10pm pacific FV server"

I feel like threads like that would get lost to second page pretty fast in veterans lounge and it doesn't seem to be the right place to post such a thing. I feel like this is a low effort task that could benefit a bunch of people and bolster the community.

I don't know if it would help a ton, but if it could help a few people get connected and help those people make in game friends it would be great.
    Xenze and Yinla like this.
  2. Fohpo Augur

A Discord server might more sense, the biggest issue is getting people to buy in and use it early on
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't understand why the /lfg function is no longer used by anyone.

TOV missions are a PERFECT spot for random LFG. I would have expected to see 10-20 people at any time from level 105-115 LFG on looking for missions, but during ALL of ToV I've seen ONE person on it one time.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is an official discord server, and it has channels for each active game server, some players have used that to find groups.
    Nennius, CrazyLarth and Celephane like this.
  5. Dewey Augur

How does one get access to this official forum on discord?
  6. Lianeb Augur

7. Laronk Augur

But that's not pinned anywhere, is it? so it's kinda useless in a sense. I spend way to much time reading the forums here and I had not seen that. How are randoms who do come to the forums to complain about a lack of grouping going to see that thread with the discord
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

9. Xenze Elder

If not an LFG, add in a servers forum. LFG could be used in here. Guilds could post recruitment threads, open raids, players could LFG, and it may be a solid way to check the activity of a specific server. I’ve just recently returned to the game myself, but I’ve noticed a lot of people’s advice fall into the category of “make a toon on each server and see how you like the community/economy”.