Leveling on Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by aindriuc, May 30, 2017.

1. aindriuc Elder

I just recently started leveling on Phinigel. I got to the early twenties.

However, I am finding that I cannot progress and level more. There are too few people leveling within my level range to find a group.

I would like to progress at a decent rate.

The solo game is not viable. I would like to be able to solo content and exp at a decent rate. It will take me 8 hours to get a level now. That is too long.

What do I do? I want to enjoy the game, but the soloability experience gain is too low to really enjoy the game.

Does anyone else find the lack of soloability killing this wonderful game?

Thanks
  2. nagash101 Augur

Start on Agnarr, seems to be 1000s leveling right now.
  3. jeskola pheerie

Don't do it, less you be damned to eternity in POP/LDON.
    Funktions likes this.
  4. nagash101 Augur

Nothing good comes after PoP.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Except 15 years of content?
    Funktions and HighTankz like this.
  6. Machentoo Augur

What times do you play? And, how do you go about finding groups? Where have you been looking? And what class do you play?

This week is probably going to be bad for groups, there is a new server less than a week old. Don't give up though, more people will be leveling up alts again on Phinigel once the initial rush is over on Agnarr. And fwiw I saw quite a few people grouping in their 30's in lguk and city of mists yesterday and the day before, and a couple 40's groups in velk. There are groups out there.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Why are you so threatened by people wanting to play post PoP content? We get that you don't, is it really necessary for you to post to every single Phinigel thread telling people to play on Agnarr instead? If we wanted to play on Agnarr we would be.
  8. aindriuc Elder

thanks. I already was playing on Agnarr and got to level 40 fast. I don't want to be stuck on a PoP server though, which is why i choose phinigel.

Maybe people will return again when they get bored.
  9. Illusory Augur

Would you mind provind your current class and level?
  10. aindriuc Elder

Yes Illusory. I am a level 21 necromancer. I can't seem to find groups playing around my level at the moment.
  11. VandilIzer Augur

20's are gonna be a little tough right now to level in. The server has been in PoP for 4 months, most people maxed EXP and AA's for their main then did the alt thing already. Though there are certainly groups going most are going to be 40+ so the 20's and 30's will be a bit slow until GoD hits and a million Zerkers get made along with alts from people who are friends with the Zerkers creating all new groups.

Like any MMO as time goes the average group level will increase. Hit the major EXP zones for your level, UpperGuk, LGuk, PC (which I leveled a alt in the other day and there were at least 2 groups and 4 people soloing) OOC you are LFG and happy to join a group even if they are PLing (this actually matters since many PLers feel sometimes others dont wanna join) and the PL person should be happy to have you, group EXP even while PLing > Solo PL exp.

Keep LFG on while you solo and search for a group on the off chance someone needs you but realize MANY groups at those levels dont hit LFG as a traditional group really isnt needed until 40+.

Good luck, if you ever see Orbek on you are welcome to join me as I level my alt.
  12. Jenarie Elder

It doesn't help find a group but a decent solo spot might be the undead isle in OOT.

Agreed that there aren't many low level groups right now on Phini - most people have higher mains and just power level past it - but you might have better luck when you get slightly higher.

There are almost always people in City of Mist - sometimes power leveling but maybe depending who is there they might not mind you joining in. Velks is also still good once you get to that level. Also, Veksar is open now and is great once you get to about 40ish.

I do see low level LDoN groups sometimes. It maybe isn't the best XP but it is something to do with people.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I was working on Mistmoore hunter achievement on Phinny yesterday and saw several groups going at different times of day, sometimes 20+ players in the zone. Upper Guk or Marus Seru could be decent options as well. Low 20's or so is generally a bit awkward for finding groups. Once you can get into LGuk or City of Mist it gets easier. Good luck.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Where have you been trying to find groups?

Low to mid 20's seems to be an awkward spot where there is not really a consensus on where it is best to level. It makes it harder for groups to form up.

I'd suggest if you are having trouble finding a group elsewhere, stick to the bandit camps in PC. It slows down a bit at 21 compared to 18 or 19, but it is still solid xp until 24 and there are always groups there (and frequently they are looking for more players.) It may not be the fastest xp possible at that level, but it will beat soloing by a lot. And if you have a solid established group that is pushing the limits of the bandit camps, suggest they move together to somewhere like upper guk.

Another option would be to head to lower guk and see if one of the many plvling groups there will add you. Right now I see there is a 20, a 22, and a couple other low 20's toons in lguk, so there are people in your level range there. If you join them, you get xp, and they get a bigger grouping bonus, so it's something that people will sometimes do. I know if I were plvling an alt in guk and saw someone ooc that he is new to the server and looking for help leveling, I'd add you, if you were within leveling range for my toon.
  15. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I'd also be surprised if there still aren't Unrest FP and BM groups. A lot of the time people are PLing their chars there at least. Usually when I'm PLing mine or guildies chars and people are LFG in zone I'll get them into group to soak up xp. Mileage may vary though. Might also be worth checking out SolA in the 20s. XP there can't be beat.
  16. Gemini Syringes Augur

There are simply days where you log on and you cannot get a group. There are a finite number of available groups at any given time and most people simply aren't going to wait hours and hours to find one. My latest trick is to queue up both Phinny and Agnarr, LFG on two different toons and just log off the other server when I get one on the other. Yesterday was the first time on Agnarr that I could not get a group. I was in LFG (31 DRU) for 3 hours with literally zero tells while I played on Phinny. It's rare, but it happens. Just give it another try the next day. It'll happen eventually.
  17. daffie999 Augur

Who has 15 years to continue playing!? I'm fine with PoP-Lock because they were my favorite expansions and I'm happy to quit the game after.
  18. Machentoo Augur

It won't take 15 years to play through it. These are progression servers.
    jeskola likes this.
  19. HighTankz New Member

I lol'd harder at this than I should have probably, but its so true!
  20. Illusory Augur

You got a lot of great suggestions so far, but allow me to add to them! :)

As others have said you are in a tough spot for leveling and you've probably figured that out. So you may have to power through a few more levels alone. Another option is to do a /who all 20-24 and just send messages to see if anyone will duo with you. If all else fails, maybe grab Temp, DS, and Regen in PoK for you and your pet and go to town in some of the camps mentioned above (and below.)

If you're forced to solo, here is the route I'd suggest
    Paludal Caverns until 24. (Keep the banded armor that drops, as it sells for 2PP+)
    Marus Seru until 28-30
    The Overthere until 32ish.

Note that these zones are all very close to PoK to refresh DS and regen. So make sure to bind yourself in those zones for easy travel. Also, pick up some Blood of the Wolf Potions for personal SoW. When you're between 30-32, you should be in line for City of Mist and more group options should be available in there until your low 40s. Once stuff begins to con dark blue, you'll want to move into Velks until 50, and then you'll be in line for PoP zones until 60s. Make sure at 46 to get into a guild to help with flags and what not if you haven't already joined one.