Leveling a SK anyone know a good relevant guide?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by luckynclover, Feb 18, 2013.

1. luckynclover Journeyman

Started an ogre sk on test server. Toons name is Hugedork. Im looking for a guide or advice on leveling an sk from well right now he is 32 so 32 to max level. The guides that ive seen are way out dated. ould appreciate any advice and general tips as im just coming back to eq after a loooong break. Thank you!

Hugedork
    test server
  2. Velina New Member

I have been using Almar's Guides lately as they are pretty spot-on and very efficient, depending on who wrote the guide. It touches on hot zones occasionally, but sometimes you're better off avoiding a hotzone in lieu of easier kills / faster XP. A few months ago I created a new Shadowknight and Enchanter and leveled them together (the SK s 85 now), following the information here somewhat loosely.

Main site: http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/
    Your Range (30-48): http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/mypath/gorukarmesa.cfm

Best part of these leveling guides is that they take you along a path that offers good XP, decent gear (defiant and some others), and they identify the good vendor drops so you know what to let rot and what to pick up to sell for coin.
  3. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I just wanted to thank you so much for posting this:) I keep coming back to this game, because it has so many great memories, and i really enjoy playing it-but i can never remember where to go to get the best exp, and i get discouraged because i dont know where the good "money making" spots are-that guide you posted is amazing, and anyone having trouble re-acclamating to eq, or those just discovering the game should definately check it out-really made this game fun for me again:)

Thanks again Velina, you rock!
    Titanya Shadowsaint and Velina like this.
  4. pk76 Augur

5. Noobieguy Augur

Just make sure you use the search function on evilgamer and at least attempt to go through the posts. Not a noob friendly environment, but some very useful information.

Can't believe n o o b is **** really ?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Jazya Elder

Get a Blade of Disruption, use that until you can get 2.0

After that, you pretty much win EverQuest.
    Titanya Shadowsaint and Borek-VS like this.
  8. Borek-VS Augur

Don't forget the Hero's Journey track, and the hot zone quests for the three slots they offer.

EvilGamer has the good AC augs list, although that mainly concentrates on higher levels. I'd say for lower levels the big points are:
    • Tank merc to about 60-65;
    • Wear what Defiant drops, then fill out with Elaborate Defiant at 59;
    • Skinspikes potions from the Bazaar;
    • Blade of Disruption;
    • Griegs End/the Hole/Split Paw/Dragonscale Hills (farm quests) will take you from 55-75+ easily;
    • RSS for AC augs 70+.
  9. Velina New Member

Blade of Disruption is a great weapon for the leveling SK because while the Rec. level is up there, there is no required level so you can start thwacking with it immediately. The stun proc won't work until 55 but that is alright.

Also, Greig's End is a great place. Hang out on the lowbie in the guild lobby for a bit and politely ask for low level buffs, and see if a druid is willing to port you next door. (We have a port to Dawnshroud Peaks, which IIRC is next door to GE). This will make your spelunking session pretty quick to reach and save you time on the buffs.
    Helrazor likes this.
  10. Titanya Shadowsaint New Member

I recently discovered Almars Guide and I must say, I really wish I found out about this site a long time ago. My SK was a breeze to level along with some of my other toons following the leveling guides on that site. My SK went from 34-71 in no time. The guides let you in on the best zones (and which mobs to kill) for XP and grinding for AA's, and even what you should and shouldn't loot. It also touches base on the AA's you should focus on and which are not so important. The guides also take you to places other than Hot Zones. There are many zones to gain fast XP and note which mobs have low hit points, best loot, etc... Definitely give it a look! The website might look like it's old, but the info is still pretty relevant.

http://almarsguides.com
  11. Helrazor Augur

I second that guide, old world mobs might not have the exp bonus but you can rip through them easy and as far as loot, Old Seb/The Hole/ Crypt of Decay rock...any outdated drops usually tribute for a decent amount.
  12. Helrazor Augur

I used a BoD from my mid 50's great weapon, moved onto hammer of healing now, not the best but it was in the bazaar at a decent price..not that plat matters anymore.
  13. Helrazor Augur

errr Healing Hammer...I shouldn't get on here after playing when I'm dead tired.