leveling 105-110 for F2P accounts(?)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Khaliss, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Khaliss Augur

hi all, I took a little break from playing on a live server (FV) as I was playing on Agnarr for the past few months. Now, I'm back to FV (to take a little break from Agnarr) & box a little group of Free-2-play accounts to supplement my main toon (subscribed account). Since the F2P accounts don't have newer expacs, can I get some recommends as to places/camps to grind their levels from 105-110? Thanks in advance!
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You can't level past 105 if you don't own RoS.
  3. TheStugots Augur

4. Khaliss Augur

aww the sucks... so I have to buy the RoS expansion then for each account. Does it mean I also need to sub (or just the expansion is needed for 110)?
  5. Gundolin Augur

Just the expansion is required.
    Khaliss likes this.
  6. Khaliss Augur

thanks, got one more question. So if I only have the F2P expansions... can I only zone my toons up to TDS expansion?
  7. fortuneteller Augur

ofc.
  8. Gialana Augur

If you didn't buy TBM or EoK when they were available for sale, you'll only have access to TDS and lower zones. That also means that you won't be able to acquire AA or spells that are part of the TBM, EoK, or RoS expansions, even if you meet the level requirement.
  9. EnchFWO Augur

Plus about buying ROS (aside from the obvious access to levels and content) is there is a ton of non-prestige gear (Tier 1) for Lv 110 that you could use for F2P accounts.
  10. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

Yes there is, 2 tiers of group gear are not prestige (T1 ROS and TS RoS Gear)
  11. Moege Augur

Con
    Conflagrant (tradeskill)
    Scale Touched (T1 RoS)

Scaled gear is Prestige
  12. fransisco Augur

If you buy RoS you will also get broken mirror and kunark. 3 expacs for 1 isn't that bad of a deal.
    Gundolin likes this.
  13. Dart Lorekeeper

If you plan on buying RoS for your F2P accounts, subscribe first so that you can use the 10% discount on purchasing the expansion.

So for $46.48 ($31.49 discounted expansion + $14.99 1 month sub) you get all expansions, 1 month of gold status (500 DBC, Access to Autogrant, better mercs, gear, etc.) which is well worth it. For just RoS full price it is $34.99 so its only $11.49 more to get the month of gold and all its associated benefits.

If you keep them FTP (and don't own TBM or EoK) you are going to find yourself stuck in TDS, low AAs, not many good gear choices, etc. Much more fun to enjoy whatever you choose and to not be handicapped. A month of gold is a game changer, even if just for Auto-Grant and being able to use Journeyman Mercs to get caught up on those toons.
    Gundolin likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Excellent post, and just wanted to add one more point....

Not sure of OP's current level, but if lower than 100, it's also handy that there's 50% bonus XP til the end of the month. So, you can just straight up level, taking all the auto-grant AAs as you go, and get there faster. The more levels you make in that paid-up month, the more free AAs you can get!

If you're already 105, then it doesn't matter as much.
  15. Khaliss Augur

thanks for the feedback all... I really appreciate it! Tatanka, I play on FV server with a box crew of 6 toons, all between levels 103-104, except my all-access tank who just dinged 105 last night. So what you are saying is that I should also sub the rest of toons to take advantage of the Autogrant AAs? All of the characters were from the free heroic offer the EQ anniversary last year, so they actually have about 3K AAs each from level 85.
  16. Dart Lorekeeper

First off, I have a question, what is the highest expansion for all 6 accounts?

With regards to the AAs, right now you have 3K, which probably topped out at 85 since they were from free heroic characters. So being 103+ now on all of them, you are more than 18 levels behind in AAs which is quite a huge difference. Also being FTP on those accounts, you can't earn any new AAs since you are already past the cap and expanded cap. On a mage for instance at level 100+ auto grant will give you ~14k.

If you do decide to buy ROS, the point is that you might as well spend an extra $11.50 or so to subscribe (subscribing to gold/aka all access gives 10% discount on buying expansion) to get your AAs caught up.

Hope that helps.
  17. Khaliss Augur

so if I sub all of them, once they ding 104 of 105 with autogrant AAs enabled, all of them will catch up to all the extra AAs for the 18 levels they missed out on?
  18. Dart Lorekeeper

First off, you don't need to ding them to get autogranted. You just need to be Gold/All Access/Subbed, and in the AA tab to click "Enable Autogrant". Once you do that, log to character select screen then re-enter world and when you appear in world you will be autogranted.

As well, autogrant will only give you up to TBM for AAs so you do NOT get any that are 101+ automatically, those all need to be grinded (but you can get the important ones during your 1 month of gold!).

So rather than being 18 levels, its only 15ish (86-100), but that is a huge amount, and a lot of the more modern AA lines.

Also, I'm from FV as well, so good to see another server neighbor on here :)
  19. Cloudia Augur

A side note on this, there is that sale on bulk pack krono. A 5 pack will run you USD 60 or $12 per box, consuming a krono on account will get you a bonus anglerfish illusion.
  20. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Your level for autogrants cap is correct (100 and below) but it's only COTF AAs that are autogranted. TDS and TBM AAs still need to be grinded currently.

Though at this point they should really rework autogrants to work on expansions 3 expansions back and older. IE don't autogrants the newest two. So EOK and ROS you would need to grind, but TBM and TDS should be autogranted.

In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, but EOK and ROS account for something like 15-20k worth of AAs for most classes. That's more than enough content to keep people busy. Helping returning people by letting them skip over an additional 3k or so TDS/TBM AAs would jump them ahead much sooner.

Plus whenever the next expansion comes out it would let EOK be autogranted which IMO is a good thing. There's still a lot of AAs in the tradeskills that wouldn't be autogranted but in another expansion maybe even one with a level increase having to buy through 130 AAs of each Focus fine before you can spend an additional 100 AAs in the ROS one and probably another 100 AAs in the new expansion one... is quite a mountain to climb for returning players.

AA count isn't a big deal to people boxing their own full group regularly but for everyone else returning it is a very daunting climb.