level 50-60 exp

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ungkor, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Ungkor Journeyman

I was reading https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/RoS/ and it said, Old Seb is the best zone for leveling 50-60 overall, with Sirens Grotto being the best exp, but a bit harder to level.

Is that still the case? Allak shows that Old Seb is a hotzone currently (true?).

I've finding the experience super slow compared with the 45-49 leveling I did in City of Mist. But maybe 49-50 is just way more experience needed? My blue bar seems to barely move when I kill something.
  2. Nifty Slacker Augur

exp does slow down a lot between 45 and 50. Depending on your class, the grind really begins at 50. I remember leveling my paladin to 56 and then giving up on her. Made her heroic. If you are playing a good dps class you should still get good exp per hour.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Assuming your on live servers (now and then a TLP post sneaks in here instead of on the TLP boards) I would go get the dailys from Franklin Teek since they are the current hot zones and have extra exp, armor and plat as rewards. Then if I like one of those zones I stick around since you do get the extra experience killing there even when not in the daily. These dailys change when the server goes down or when DBG wants to change them so I ask Franklin in game rather than depend on website. Although the websites do list all the hot zones possible if the server has gone down over night and reset the hot zones then I am not sure a server would have that up to date info.

I felt no real slow down on my alts until level 70. Around that level I do change my merc from a tank to a healer if I am using one at all. They suck up too much experience! Also many people forget LDON's which are real nice exp for those levels as are the Dranick Scar tasks such as the Waterhole. In those you are not limited on time and can stay as long as you like and nice places to set up camps. Keep in mind that all zones have tasks that you can do while in that zone that will result in extra experience also.
  4. moogs Augur

I don't know. I like Howling Stones, Grieg's End, Plane of Innovation, Crypt of Decay for that range. Also Barindu, Ferubi, Plane of Valor.
  5. Ungkor Journeyman

Sebillis sped up a bit after I got into the hang of things again. And the jewel drops can be 50-100 plat vendor items, so that's nice when you're trying to afford new gear.

The journey tank merc can't hold aggro that well now though. Glad I have FD.
  6. Gremin Augur

Switch to healer merc, tank yourself.