Lets talk Fish Scales

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CymrilBlade, Feb 26, 2018.

1. CymrilBlade New Member

Seriously? 100 scales to make a patch, Then ten patches to make a swatch, then ten swatches to make a sheet... yeah you get 50-100 per fish, but the subcominbes are really a long waste of time. I guess there's always netflix...
  2. CymrilBlade New Member

Make that 10 scales to make a patch. Edit not working along with the search function tonight..
  3. Moege Augur

/hugs stack of 102 sheets
    /glares
    /shout Hands off
    /thinks or I will chop them off for you

I know the pain.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Make all button is your friend, and a mag to look at while I'm waiting. :)
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Just thank God we dont have to do it the old way anymore. This seems like the speed of light in comparison.
    Yinla and fransisco like this.
  6. Viper1 Augur

Game mechanics that encourage afking and netflix make for compelling and fun gameplay in tyool 2018
    CymrilBlade likes this.
  7. svann Augur

You dont need any uncommon ingredients but you do have to spend some time at it. Its a tradeoff.
  8. Lubianx Augur

I just stood next to an NPC and skilled up begging whilst fishing. When making the items, did the same thing. Kill two birds with one stone :)
  9. draginn Elder

Lol i did the same. Was not bad at all!
  10. CymrilBlade New Member

I get a lot of Netflix in for sure. YAY for AFKish playing....
  11. Cleaver Augur

Its stupid and I'm trying to find a nice way to say it. Lets make people combine mats for 12 hrs. Seriously it takes longer to break them down into sheets then it does to fish them.

There is no need for the redundant sub combines here. Make it cost 4-8 fish per sheet and be done with it.
  12. CymrilBlade New Member

Ok so I did a little test here. What a way to spend time for very little outcome...

I have MAX fishing skill. I did the fishing part with bonus rod and the combines with the 19th anniv rod.

Part 1: Catching the fish.
    50- Timourous Deep Toothfish
    50- Overthere Threadfin
    256 Skill
    57:00 - Ehh not bad

Part 2: Making Scales You get 100 on success and 50 on fail or something like that.
    9425 Conflagrant Fish Scales Trivial 348
    265 Skill
    5:22 - Pretty fast.

Part 3: Making Patches - 10 scales make a patch.
    891 Conflagrant Fish Scale Patches Trivial 318
    265 Skill
    50:37 -Ehh

Part 4: Making the Swatches 10 patches make a swatch.
    87 Conflagrant Fish Scale Swatches Trivial 288
    265 Skill
    4:56 - Not bad really

Part 5: Making the Sheets- 10 Swatches to make a sheet
    7 Conflagrant Fish Scale Sheet Trivial 138
    265 Skill
    30 sec Not bad.

So you get 7 sheets out of that with about the best possible skill you can do.
    Cloaks take 2 sheets
    Shoulders take 1 sheet.

Now do this to try and make 10 or 20 of each for guildies/friends/ bazaar...

Way too many subcombines.....
  13. Imak Augur

If only there were some means to Make All combines with a single click.
    Tatanka and Yinla like this.
  14. svann Augur

The fishing itself can easily be automated without any shady programs and doesnt take long.
    Then the combine time = 8 min for shoulder, 15 for cloak. Ive timed it.

I dont think that you can consistently farm any other tradeskill mats in that short of time, especially not solo.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Stephen51 Augur

Don't forget the end product you make, is pretty good, considering its made mainly out of fish :)!!!
  16. smash Augur

You do know the size of a fish and therefor size of a single scale and the thickness of one...

Then compare that to a cloak.. if i need a cloak i dont want a lot of holes in it.