Lets see your UI's.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, May 6, 2020.

1. Zvenn Just an old monk

2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

[IMG]

I have a preference for removing borders where possible and as much transparency through the windows as possible without washing out text.
    Pawtato likes this.
  3. Pawtato Augur

How do y'all learn how to do this stuff?
  4. Graytis Lorekeeper

5. Tucoh Augur

for most it's just downloading a UI mod like sparxx and using it. For those of us who try to mod the UIs ourselves, it's a long road of pain and misery for even the smallest modifications.
  6. Fintank Augur

[IMG]
    Before all my Gina overlays happen during raids :x
  7. Angahran Augur

A very long road....
    At least they finally fixed the 'load ui 10 times and crash the client' bug :p
  8. Whulfgar Augur

How do yall shrink down the ext tar window list ?
  9. The real Sandaormo Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

https://imgur.com/Mev9LS9

Not sure which of those works, I have all chat stuff in one window, all battle spam hidden.
    I maybe have one "macro" that I use, sort of an uh oh button ( hits fort. grabs agro etc ) but otherwise I like to click all my own stuff. I have more control of what i need when I need it, I hate needing something and it was in some hot key i pushed a minute ago.

Man wtf no idea how to have it show up as a picture on the post lol
  10. Caell Augur

11. The real Sandaormo Augur

please explain how to put the picture in the post lol

Well I sorta got it,
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Caell Augur

Get an imgur account, upload your screenshot, copy the image link. When posting here click the Tree icon (says "Insert/edit image" when hovered over) and paste your image link.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The only non-default thing I use is the player info.

[IMG]
  14. Cidran Augur

Really like your layout, how all your windows are to the sides and below and your view is a square in the center, very good looking and reminds me of the original ui style
    Whulfgar and Graytis like this.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Most of mine is AYA, which I've done some windows and stuff on. I did some extra on my own, however. The bar across the top of my XTW is actually my music bar - it's got inventory slots on it. The ones down there by the main menu is also inventory slots. The merc window is the second tab. The slots on the bando window are inventory slots. The bags can be picked up from the disc window, as can the armor. Up there by the timer, it's got 4 item slots, plus the PS slot, cause I swap PS's a lot.
    [IMG]
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Drakah UI Designer

The "Krome" UI is my latest UI that I have been using for a long time now and has been in the making for a few years now. It does feature (not shown) an open "all bags" bank (although you can revert to default version), a better raid window and guild management window, and a super cool aggro meter that shows fire when you have more aggro (EQ2 style).

Feel free to browse my Downloads area on my website for others at https://shakahr.com
    But I would highly recommend the Krome UI, featured :)

[IMG]

VISIT: SHAKAHR.COM
    PREVIEW MORE SCREENSHOTS
  17. Zvenn Just an old monk

its a lot of trial and error with XML changes, load ui, lather rinse repeat till you get the spacing to where you like it, or they may have one out on eq interface by now.
  18. Zvenn Just an old monk

19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Mine is just the base EQ stuff moved around where I want it. There is a UI mod out there I saw that I really liked (the KROME one for the bags really) .. I tried downloading it and following the instructions to put it in the right place to be able to use it.. to no avail.. So I just use the base EQ one.
    Pawtato likes this.
  20. Drakah UI Designer

The EverQuest\uifiles\(your custom ui name)
    is where you have all the modified files

Make sure you do not have any folders inside there, since EQ does not look at subfolders.

For example, you download filename: drakah_intg_krome.zip
    You extract it into your EverQuest\uifiles\
    and it should of made a "drakah_intg_krome" folder with all the files inside there.
    then you just /loadskin and choose the UI.

Again, you only have modified files in a custom ui folder, never ever ever copy unmodified files from default into there.