Let Us Save Merc Gear Sets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fenudir, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Fenudir Augur

...how about giving us a way to save merc gear sets. With the advent of merc gear and the fact that some mercs have issues with certain pieces of gear (most notably the rogue merc's DPS tanking if it has anything at all in it's hands), how about giving up on the vaporware that is the new loot system coming soon(tm) and giving us a way to one button swap the gear that our merc is using. Better yet, how about a gear set of each specific merc.
    Lisandra and Fanra like this.
  2. Apoc Augur

I just wish the new merc gear pieces werent 4k a pop in arx lol.
  3. Riou EQResource

if your merc ever takes melee damage, AC is overpowered on them just like other NPC's
  4. Fendy Augur

We can buy merc gear in arx for plat? What vendor?!?
  5. Fenudir Augur

Just out of curiosity, what moderator changed the title of my posting. "Let us save merc gear sets" was NOT the original title of this post.
  6. Iila Augur

This one makes more sense.

And everyone should know by now that asking soe to remove one thing in exchange for another thing means you end up with neither. And a bonus nerf on top.
    Elricvonclief and Mintalie like this.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Hi! That was me.

I feel pretty strongly that communicating constructively on the forums means that your forum topic actually matches with the content of the thread. Giving your thread a title that has nothing to do with the content of your thread makes it more difficult for players and devs to find correct threads to join the discussion on the topics that are actually being discussed.

If you want to talk about mercenary gear sets, let's make it easy for people and give them a clear place to do that. ^_^
  8. Riou EQResource

It's 4k Pieces of Eight per piece, not plat, the vendor is in Arx Mentis. They are barely an upgrade over CotF mercenary gear really tho (I think it's like 5% upgrade at most for such high cost)
  9. Fendy Augur

Oh. Thanks for the clarification.
  10. Fendy Augur

I suppose a thread title of "GM/Dev please read this and reply" wouldn't work because everyone would start using it :)
  11. Hiladdar Augur

I like the idea of giving each merc their own set of armor / weapons. This way your tank merc will be outfitted with tank centric gear, while healer merc will have healer centric armor. The way I would like it implement is when a merc is brought out they come with the gear you gave them and not have to do anything other then select a different merc.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree 100% with this. Every so often someone makes a post with a heading that has nothing to do with the subject and rob themselves of some valuable discussion or they are trying to draw people in to a discussion with a misleading subject... either way.. a clear subject line that refers to the actual discussion is a must :)
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  13. segap Augur

Has anyone parsed a difference giving +heal gear to a healer merc? Or +spell damage to a caster? Or +atk to a mele? The only time I've had a healer merc run out of mana is doing Bigger Fish. Otherwise, the mana pools seem ok without adding gear.

Is there any significant improvement to give all mercs anything other than AC gear? With the changes to mercs 101+, adding AC does make a difference. And both caster and healer mercs do make decent back up tanks. Seems just giving them all AC gear would boost that role.
  14. Numiko Augur

Ok since we are having a dialogue about merc gear, when is anyone from SOE going to acknowledge the fact that putting merc. weapons in the hands of tank or rogue mercs kills thier DPS..

Is this a bug that is going to be fixed or is it "working as intended" ..

because if it is "working as intended" I want a refund on my tokens I wasted to buy gear for those slots.
  15. svann Augur

my suggestions:
    1. merc gear should go on the merc. The merc should have his own inventory and I should be able to give 1 set of gear to my healer and another set to my tank, and never have to swap when I change mercs.
    2. Merc gear should be visible!
  16. Nickster86 Elder

I would gladly pay for my merc to have hero's forge ability and be able to buy armor and such to make it look more custom
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. segap Augur

Please, NO! The last thing I want to see is people doubling down on top hats, jackets, pirate outfits, flying carpets, giant hand mounts and other crap that belong in 19th century England and not in a fantasy themed world. That crap just ruins the feel of the game.
  18. Kontra Augur

Auto-swappable merc specific armor sets would be perfect!
    (think of all that extra inventory space!!!....) :)
  19. Dibab Augur

i pretty much would of taken a merc armor keyring over a mount keyring anyday
    Warpeace, Fenudir and Garshok like this.