Let’s All Cancel Our Subscriptions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dethrin15, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Mire Journeyman

Aenvar likes this.
  2. Disco New Member

LOL i just read that. I cant believe they are taking a political stance. I also read your other post and im sorry you got caught in their political cross hairs. I'll make sure to tell my guildies to refer to him as "Riot Lord" if they have any political conversations.
  3. Disco New Member

This is what happens when you let blue hairs run your company.
    Aenvar likes this.
  4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

If you think that post is a political stance you're probably beyond help, but you should still seek out a professional just in case.
    Chacko Supreme and Genoane like this.
  5. Xeris Augur

Are you guys trying to say that you're mad at DBG for thinking black lives matter? As if you DONT think black lives matter? That's a pretty unfortunate life stance.
    Chacko Supreme likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

They're probably just upset because they've said nothing about the state of their actual game and all the problems it has. I'm sure it has virtually nothing to do with politics.
  7. Dyzalot Augur

They expressed support for the looting and rioting? That's not cool.
  8. Dyzalot Augur

9. Sikkun Augur

Only took 6 days for someone to take the tweet and complain about it in relation to the server. EQ forum trolling game is getting pretty weak.
    Chacko Supreme likes this.
  10. Name2 Augur

I don't care for Daybreak's business practices and how they treat their customers. However, Daybreak's tweet about the BLM movement has nothing to do with TLP servers, and they should be commended for using their platform to promote racial justice to whatever audience they have. Even if they don't have resources to actively contribute, spreading a message of inclusivity and community is a good thing.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Name2 Augur

I used to play on Vazaelle. Zoning into LOIO from FV took like 5 minutes on whatever connection/hardware I was running on when Kunark was current. I was like 13, don't have hardware specs.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Daybreak have in no way shape or form supported or condoned the violent element of the protests, if you are going to blindly conflate the two you are a racist, simple as that.
    Pelrond likes this.
  13. Iyacc Augur

People won't "cancel their subscriptions" if they don't actually pay with real money. I was 6 months in on Agnarr before I really found out what Krono were and that I could pay my account fees with them. I haven't used "real money" since then and that's probably why I don't get all bent out of shape like some people. Is it annoying? Sure but I can go play on Mangler if I can't get on Aradune. Mangler crashed? Crap, well guess I'll go watch one of the 4 TV streaming services I pay for.

Sorry, I can't get behind your boycott and cancellation thing cause it's just not that serious.
  14. Ishbu Augur

If access to a character you signed up for a pay to play subscription service for isnt of concern to you, then you really should never be on an internet message board for that and certainly shouldnt take the time to post on it, since you said its not that serious to you.

To many others, a substantial portion of the players, it is important, so quit being a selfish child and go deal with things you care about and quit trying to ruin things for others with your BS
  15. Crazzie Lorekeeper

This is the worst server i have ever seen. Crash while being ported, crash while zoning. People cant log in without time out errors. Tells take forever but say is instant. I am going to cancel both accounts and wait on it till they fix it. If ever.
  16. Moforyguy Elder

I am trying to understand how I pay 15 dollars a month for a game made in 1999 that I actually can't play when I want to. Don't give me the excuse "you can play on a different server" crap. People that came back to play came back for a fresh server start. Well we can't play and even if we somehow do get in the game we get kicked out and the cycle repeats. How is it that a group of volunteers runs EQ better than a company getting 15 dollars a month from each person. #LastTLP
    Dudeisbeast likes this.
  17. Dudeisbeast New Member

/bump - refund is every dollar since the server released.
  18. Syphaa New Member

My husband and I canceled as it seems Daybreak just does not care to fix any issues or buy another server despite the demand.
    We will happily re-sub if the issues get fixed before the time runs out.. if not oh well, how dumb of them.

Be wonderful to get a refund
  19. Iyacc Augur

I just gave a reason why many people don't scream about it. People with kronos already have a sunk cost so aren't likely to walk away, especially if they bought them with in game plat/items/time.

I'm not being a child and didn't say "your/the" concerns weren't valid but was offering a thought on why trying to gather up the masses wasn't likely to really achieve much. If you don't think DB/DP isn't thinking along these lines, you haven't thought about it much. I'm sure there's a ton of people who still pay with credit cards because they dont do much in game trading or want to deal with the stigma attached to krono but like everyone says - how many people actually read these forums anyway?
  20. Loze Elder

Or, you could come join us on Coirnav... TSS just dropped, we have live EXP rates and hotzones with no queues and normal zoneing times... oh, and cookies. We have cookies.
    Pelrond likes this.