Lesson of the Devoted

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by KarmaKitty, May 2, 2022.

1. KarmaKitty Augur

There is a need to level smoothly normally on the TLP servers, but a need to "catch up"
    on Live servers. Can the %bonus provided by Lesson be level based on live servers ? Increasing the bonus and duration at lower levels.

Say 01 - 25 gets 250% for 90 minutes.
    26 - 50 gets 200% for 90 minutes.
    51 - 80 gets 150% for 75 minutes.
    81 - 90 gets 100% for 60 minutes.
    91 - 100 gets 100% for 45 minutes.
    100+ gets 100% for 30 minutes.

This would impact all forms of XP in all zones.

Can't really use the ZEM given TAs or do all the TAs require you to be in zone these days. You would end up with everyone in the highest ZEM zones doing collections and /over.
  2. Annastasya Augur

The lower levels do not need this. At All. About 1-70 on any given quest, obtained at proper level, you are likely to out-level the reward before the quest is even done. Same goes for camping namers or any other activity that includes defeating mobs.
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

So, what about levels 71 - 100 ?
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When I read your first sentence, I had an idea where you were going. And then I read the details, and you went the opposite of what I thought. I agree with Anna, low levels don't need any boosts. Your level 100+ is just what LotD is now, +100% for 30 minutes.

With 111+ taking boatloads of XP to finish, and literally 10s of thousands of AAs to complete even after taking auto grant into account, I would think we'd want to keep the low levels as is with LotD, and give the higher levels a boost.

What I'd REALLY prefer (and have suggested it before) is to use a vitality type of pool for bonus XP, that way I don't have to worry about hunting like a madman for 30 minutes, or getting called away for a bit and losing some of the bonus. It also would level the playing field between classes with mass kill abilities, or players with solid groups available regularly, with the rest of the folks.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

So, just go from 100% to 300% once you lose auto-grant. Maybe limiting the bonus to 100% on quest completion. This could be shifted as auto grant advances.

...or maybe just put the % per kill back to some decent amount. I'm mean they added the numeric display out to (what is it 3 or 4 decimal places) just so you can see some small advancement in that last decimal place. That is so sad :(

Maybe there could be a boost the greater your %AA is as well.