Lendiniara dragon from cotf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by grrrrrrrf, Aug 16, 2013.

1. grrrrrrrf Elder

Why every article I read about it act like it's a new dragon from a different time where she's been guarding the west tov exit since like SoV as lendiniara the keeper?
  2. Riou EQResource

spelling mistake / mispronunciation made it sound like a new dragon
  3. Sancho Elder

Can we kill her? That's all that really matters isn't it?
    Koneko likes this.
  4. Ishtass Augur

Seems she would make a great conduit for Cazic-Thule to regain his godly form. 2 birds with 1 stone.
  5. Naugrin Augur

It does not lol.
    Voodoman likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Is it Lady Lendiniara or Lady Lendinaria?

I've seen both spellings used. Are they the same dragon with one name misspelled or two different dragons? Or does she just like to mess with us and use two different spellings depending on her current mood? :)
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's like Osama vs Usama Bin Laden; it's tough to translate names from the Dragon language
  8. vorpal darkguard New Member

This is a east vs west coast spelling issue.

Ogur spell dendenarrr
    Gnome pirates .. lindenARRRy
    Fruity elves .. lindyary :)
    Trolls .. whendenwarry
    Dwarfs .. dragon thingy.. has gold
    Barbarians .. lindenbarbie
    Vah shir .. lindenmeowie
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If its the same dragon they should look the same !

If NTOV dragon met this dragon what would it do with the universe?
  10. Geroblue Augur

Yes it does make sense, they are from parallel universes.
  11. Axxius Augur

Since we've been shown the next EQ2 expansion at SOE Live that continues this story line (in their time line), and concept art is made long before the expansion itself, I have a future request: when that happens in EQ1 and Kerafyrm shows up again, please make sure he is still prismatic, not that black/green weird thing from EQ2.
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

I think it would be cool if one of the content updates for this expansion would be us EQ players traveling through the Ethermere and raiding the EQ2 universe, killing everyone playing that game.
    Axxius likes this.
  13. smash Augur

Probably going to be so that in expansion after this cotf the lore of EQ 1 + EQ2 will be the same, reducing costs.
    But people will still be able to play EQ + EQ 2 and during 2014 the servers on each version will start to merge, reducing servers on eq and eq 2..
    But then in 2015, there will come a vote where people will vote on which game shall continue eq or eq 2.

Also people will be able to transfer to EQ next with a number of items on them sometime during 2014.
  14. Edrick Augur

I asked the magic 8-ball if this would happen, it said Unlikely and then grew fists and punched me in the face.
  15. Axxius Augur

From SOE Live: Akil Hooper is back at SOE (yay!) and in charge of lore for both EQ and EQ2. So I would expect more connections between the 2 games. My only issue with it is that we already know what happens in this particular story line because EQ2 is 2 expansions ahead of EQ into it and we were just told not only what is going to happen in CotF but also in the next expansion. Of course there can be variations between EQ and EQ2 but the overall mystery is already ruined for us. That dragon is from the future. And then Kerafyrm comes and kills Yelinak.

They are pretty much spoiling their own book for us.

[IMG]
  16. grrrrrrrf Elder

yelinak 's been killed by kerafyrm on all EQ1 server but one I am pretty sure.
  17. Iila Augur

This.

Wanting to kill an NPC has a strong correlation with how much they talk, and how much they look like a dragon.

I already want my Slayer of Lendiniara title.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I dislike this whole idea if we are just going to copy what EQ2 has already done. 2 separate games on 2 separate paths, it should stay that way.

I don't want to find out the ending before I have read the rest of the book.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This. As I've stated elsewhere; don't need, want, or care to have any EQ2 lore put into EQ1. Also there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to even put any effort into making the lore in EQ2 and EQ1 consistent with each other. EQ1's had its past altered that along can explain any discrepancies if any of EQ2's lore actually starts to come from reliable sources (ie in-game characters who were alive during EQ1's past and have no reason to manipulate the story).
    Yep, all but test I am fairly sure, maybe one (or both) of the Progression servers too. But yeah Yelinak's storyline wise got "killed" in an actual patch message story back when they artificially woke the Sleeper on all the remaining live servers which had not woken him back shortly after the 3 guilds on RZ legitimately killed him. While he is still there in the Zone, in the EQ1 storyline Yelinak was killed by Kerafyrm before he flew off to parts unknown after he was awoken.
  20. Ishtass Augur

Agreed it's a bad move, but they've already signed the paperwork for 3 more expansions based on EQ2 lore so too bad.