Legends of Norrath Monthly Choose-a-Pack

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Hi Everyone,

Remember, if you're a gold member, log in to Legends of Norrath to get your Choose-a-Pack cards for February! But you may want to hold on to them until February 7th - that's when Debt of the Ratonga will be added to the list of available sets!

Yes, beginning February 7, 2013, sets 1-15 will be available to select for your free monthly packs!

Thanks,
    Dexella
    Candydare likes this.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Will the Ratonga set be added sometime later today? Or, do we have a date mix up? Presently, the set is not showing as available via Choose-A-Pack.
  3. SpamFactory Augur

I came to post the exact same thing.

logged in a moment ago, got my feb packs, but I still cannot choose debt of the ratonga packs.
  4. SpamFactory Augur

LON had an update and you can now select set 15.

flying carpet on my first pack:)

edit: 2 flying carpets, oh boy
  5. artofnoise Augur

I had heard that LoN packs would now be deleted if not claimed within 30 days or somesuch. Is there any truth to this?
  6. theCarrock Apprentice

No I saved up 3 months of choose a pack, alas no Mastruq illusion yet though.
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Remove LoN downloads from folks just in EQ. The majority cannot play the game, from EQ, so why force downloads?

To force a patch to those who use standalone is just foolish.
  8. SpamFactory Augur

go to your options in the launchpad and you can choose not to download LON files
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Better yet, add LoN to Planetside 2 to play in game, They'll love it.
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

You are missing my point.

The vast majority are unable to click LoN in game without going LD.

So why force the in game downloads?

I fully understand SOE is trying to make LoN a part of EQ, and they have for years. But for years, the ingame client crashes folks.

Either fix the ingame client or stop the LoN patches for the EQ game. Please.
  11. SpamFactory Augur

I guess I am missing the point. If you crash all the time loading lon then disable downloading lon files in the options and use the standalone client if you still want to log in for free packs.

not everyone crashes using the in game lon client, so why does it need to be removed for everyone?
    Naeeleu likes this.
  12. Dexella Associate Producer

This is not correct. However, there was a change to how you receive the monthly packs -- you need to log in once per calendar month to have the packs added to your account. So, the old anniversary date is gone; instead, you can get your 5 choose-a-pack cards on the first day of the month you log in (whether that's the 1st, the 15, the 28th, etc.). If you do not log in during a calendar month, you do not receive packs for that month.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

For gold members, that have not gotten the free packs, we should petition?

Sadly I've written off this, as not worth it due to the petition being hard to deal with. Especially since I consider the free packs for gold members to be fluff.

That said, every time something new comes out, I get frustrated when I'm missed. Just like the SC that is occasionally missed for gold.
  14. Trellium Elder

You get the free packs by logging in to LoN each month. If you don't log in, you don't get them.
  15. artofnoise Augur

Thank you for the clarifications, Dexella and Trellium. That helped tremendously.

The rumor mill is never 100% correct, but one never wants to roll the dice on it being wrong and get left behind on a change. :)
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

Hmmmm.

I log in daily, and I"ve missed some free SC and LoN packs.

Frustrating, yes, but I find the petition system even more frustrating.

I have never missed a billing period since July of 2006 so it would be easy for anyone from SOE to verify.