Legends of Norrath Membership Pack Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

There's a guide somewhere on the LoN forums. I believe Tnexus posted it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Piestro Augur

Glyphs are redeemable for a couple AA points as well as glyphs. Nice little bonus I didn't realize at first.
  3. Piestro Augur

We're looking at the whole redeem process as well. More on that in near future. :)
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks for the info Piestro.

On a side note I personally am enjoying myself doing quests in Shards and then plan to do every zone's quest line (partisan, mercenary,group) for the entire expansion for all 10 of my toons over time. The nostalgia mixed with a bit of new stuff isn't as bad as the whiny omg the sky is falling crowd has made it out to be.

I've noticed there are 3 uncompleted portals in shards so I'm looking forward to how they get implemented (Sebilis revamp for the win!) and besides for a nearly 14 year old game to still be getting new content is really a great thing.

Take the time to research any other games that are 14+ years old still getting content either from the devs of the game or the community and the list will be very short. I can think of maybe 2-3 off the top of my head, Starcraft, Diablo 2 and Counterstrike come to mind.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are people, such as myself, who have zero interest in playing LoN but would like to be able to redeem packs for in-game loot.

I went to the LoN forum and looked for the guide. I assume you mean Tnexus_Prexus as the person who posted the guide. I looked at every post ever made in that forum by him (over 400 of them) and I could not find a guide.

I would like to add to my wiki such a guide, if I could find it, in order to help those who also wish to redeem their LoN cards / decks for in-game items. If anyone has any information that would be helpful, it would be appreciated.

LoN EQ loot items along with how to obtain them may be entered here http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Legends_of_Norrath

A separate page may be made later just for loot items, but I'll take care of moving and adjusting that, if so.

Thank you.

UPDATE: It appears that the LoN website has a list of loot cards you can get with each expansion. So I can grab the information off of that, although I don't know how complete it is. Sorry, but I'm pretty new to LoN.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

7. Drewie Augur

Here are a few :
    Ethernauts 1 : 5 Potion of Harvest + 5 Potion of Healing
    Ethernauts 3 : Discordant War Hammer Ornament (1HB, proc Strike of Discord)
    Ethernauts 5 : Discordant Great Blade Ornament (1HB, proc Discordant Strike)
    Ethernauts 7 : Familiar of Valik the Cruel (gargoyle)
    Ethernauts 10 : Visage of the Hooded Scrykin
    Against the Void 1 : 5 Potion of Binding
    Against the Void 3 : Nimbus of the Frozen Gelidran
    Against the Void 5 : some bixie illusion
    Storm Break 1 : 5 Potion of Barbs
    Storm Break 3 : Visage of the Hideous Harpy
    Storm Break 5 : Familiar of the Zombie Doorman
    Storm Break 7 : Magi Shield Ornamentation
    Storm Break 10 : Shield of Scraps (75 AC, 285 HP)
    Travelers 3 : 5 Potion of Translocation
    Vengeful Gods 3 : 5 Potion of Harvest + 5 Potion of Healing
    Doom of the Ancient Ones 3 : 5 Potion of Adventure + 10 Potion of Harvest + 10 Potion of Healing
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

So that would be:
    1. Oathbound (initial set), 05 Sep 2007
    2. Forsworn, 19 Dec 2007
    3. Inquisitor, 07 Mar 2008
    4. Oathbreaker, 19 Jun 2008
    5. Ethernauts, 09 Oct 2008
    6. Against the Void, 12 Feb 2009
    7. Storm Break, 09 Jul 2009
    8. Travelers, 13 Oct 2009
    9. Vengeful Gods, 23 Feb 2010
    10. Doom of the Ancient Ones, 15 Jun 2010
    11. Dragonbrood - The Anarchs, 14 Oct 2010
    12. Legacies, 1 March 2011
    13. Priestess of the Anarchs, 25 August 2011
    14. The Jarsath Destroyer
    15. Fall of the Estarim
    16. Debt of the Ratonga
    So Oathbound to The Jarsath Destroyer? Or is my numbering incorrect?
  9. Piestro Augur

Just to clarify, if you login but do not redeem the packs, the packs will not expire. It simply requires a login once per month to receive that month's free packs.
  10. Liliana Augur

is there an eta on when the new set will be claimable?
  11. Piestro Augur

Jarsath Destroyer isn't a set, it's an extension of Priestess of the Anarchs. It's not available via choose a pack.
  12. EverChanter Augur

Does this mean you are planning to fix both the in-game and stand alone client? Because many people, including myself, always ctd when using the in-game LoN. And believe you me, its not my pc.

Im seeing this as a tactic to get people to spend more money on LoN, expect great inngame items to those who purchase these new LoN packs.
  13. Raven New Member

Well being a satelite user I havent been able to login to LoN for months, connection times out before it lets me get login through or something. So I have about 6 months worth of cards. Logging in via EQ crashes me so I guess thats RIP LoN for me.

Really guys your game is great but please keep your technology so that us slow connectors also can play. Zone times from 1-8 minutes make it so that I am slowly losing the will to play
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thank you Piestro.

I hope this is correct:
    1. Oathbound (initial set), 05 Sep 2007
    2. Forsworn, 19 Dec 2007
    3. Inquisitor, 07 Mar 2008
    4. Oathbreaker, 19 Jun 2008
    5. Ethernauts, 09 Oct 2008
    6. Against the Void, 12 Feb 2009
    7. Storm Break, 09 Jul 2009
    8. Travelers, 13 Oct 2009
    9. Vengeful Gods, 23 Feb 2010
    10. Doom of the Ancient Ones, 15 Jun 2010
    11. Dragonbrood - The Anarchs, 14 Oct 2010
    12. Legacies, 1 March 2011
    13. Priestess of the Anarchs, 25 August 2011.
      The Jarsath Destroyer (an extension of Priestess of the Anarchs, not available via choose a pack)
    14. Fall of the Estarim
    15. Debt of the Ratonga
  15. Vivamort Augur

I find it odd, that they wouldn't include the new expansion. When the 5 free packs started, we were limited to the current expansion's packs. At least that is my recollection. And then came the choose an expansion pack as a bonus, allowing us to fill in with older cards and try for older loot cards.

So now we are not getting the packs they originally intended (the current expansion) when they started the 5 free packs (to mimic the dropped packs in game, also the current expansion), we are limited to the older expansions (that were added as a nice gift to LoN players with the introduction of the choose a pack cards).
  16. Tobynn Augur

Booooooooo. The girplan illusion lives in the Jarsath set.
  17. beryon Augur

Huh, I don't recall them ever mentioning that. Wish I'd known that before. I guess they're mildly useful after all. I really don't see why we can't a regular xp potion like EQII though. One xp potion a month is hardly OPed. And I really miss the cool monthly loot cards we used to get.

On a bit of a tangent, something else people might not have noticed is this announcement. The Anival scenario has been made easier, and anyone who beat the old version gets a special Anival unit card, but only if you log in before January. Nice of them to give a free trophy; I just wish they had given more than a few days' warning on this. I would've helped my brother get one but now it's too late.
  18. Garshok Augur

So when I deploy again next year and can't log in due to a) lack of connectivity where I am 95% of the time and b) repeated time-outs due to slow satillite internet speeds when I do spend a day or two where I can get service, no packs to open for for the odd exp potion to help catch up when I get back to civilization.

Forget paid account time or loyalty points - FTP, here I come. Good move, SOE! So, how is this helping the business model?

Oh, and will SOE actually come up with a LON client that can reliably run as both stand-alone and logging in through the game?
    Vouivre likes this.
  19. Tegila Augur

i have no idea why you guys cant get onto LoN if yo ucan get on EQ. LoN launches quite quickly for me compared to eq
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank goodness for that...I don't have to go through and open the 50 packs I have on my alt account....only 5 on the main account so I guess I've been doing one and not the other.

How long does it take for a redeemed LoN loot card item to show up on /claim in EQ?