Legends of Norrath Membership Pack Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

There are some changes coming to the free pack program for Gold Members of EverQuest and EverQuest II.

First, the old “anniversary date” has been completely removed. Starting with the launch of Debt of the Ratonga, free member packs will be awarded on the member's first log in that month.

Furthermore, each player MUST log in during a calendar month to get that month’s worth of packs. Packs will no longer accumulate from month to month. If you skip a month without logging in to Legends of Norrath, you will not receive free packs for that month. Any packs that have already been accumulated (but remain unclaimed) will still remain on your account; this change only applies to future months.

The Choose-A-Pack cards awarded in December may be redeemed for any regular LON booster pack from sets 1-14.
  2. Riou EQResource

Gonna be bad for people who have trouble loading LoN in game or the stand alone client
  3. Liliana Augur

Wow way to wait til the eve of the release. When will we be able to choose Debt of the Ratonga with the free packs? Can we still accumulate the choose-a-packs when we log in and just choose not to open them? Right now each of my accounts are sitting on 15 packs, and will receive 5 more tomorrow when I log in from the looks of the changes. Can I continue to just sit on them and wait til Debt of the Ratonga is claimable with them? Or am I now going to be forced to redeem them right away.
  4. Teylana Elder

Going forward, will the new packs still be of the choose-a-pack variety or will they only be packs for the latest expansion? The information isn't clear.

If they will still be of the choose-a-pack variety then it isn't a particularly nice change but not a huge deal. If they are only going to be of the latest expansion, then the change is unbelievably <insert expletive here> since many of us don't actually give a darn about LoN and only log in to see if we can get one of the older illusions/mount/etc. that we're interested in.
  5. Tnexus Journeyman

I'm really hoping this is a mistake.
  6. Nowred-FenninRo New Member

Wrong decision, as part of the gold membership you should get the free packs regardless as long as you pay the membership.
  7. Tnexus Journeyman

And just confirmed it's not a typo. No Set 15 from Free Packs in December. (May change in January.)
  8. Hatsee Augur

Odd decision.

I don't like LoN and have left it accumulating packs for months before, the penalty of opening 50+ packs at once is far worse than not giving them to us at all.
  9. Jilarak Elder

horrible decision as other's have already stated above me..
    if you are a gold member and pay monthly why cant we accumulate pack's if we want ?
    and why if i decide not to play for a month or if something happens in real life and i cannot login why should i and others be punished
    for it by not getting free pack's for that month? and why can't i choose which free pack's i want from any expansion?
    terrible decision once again.....
  10. Liliana Augur

Good luck with this, I'll be logging in from now on just to claim my free packs. Not spending another nickle on this game. If I want a new illusion I'll wait a few months for it to show up on the Store for 8 bucks. The attention LoN receives from its devs/cs is already pathetic. Trying to screw over the few players left is probably not the best move.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I stopped playing LoN when they decided to not allow old cards (the I actually paid for) from being used in new games.

Making better cards is what I would expect, not an artifical block stealing my cards from me.
  12. Drewie Augur

I stopped playing at that time too. I'm glad I only bought 1 booster so far to unlock card trading, that's sad for people who actually bought hundreds of cards and can now only use them in open decks. Also, I enjoyed playing scenarios to get various loot cards, but now they seem to be only glyphs. And I think the deck builder could be vastly improved with some search capabilites related to card effects, I find it really tedious to use at the moment.
  13. Vmas Elder

same, after the released Dark Bellikos and Bixie in marketplace...
  14. Nolrog Augur

I don't see a major problem with this. Obviously, they are trying get people into the game; they don't want you to just accumulate packs and claim them all at once. It takes less than 5 minutes to log in and claim the packs, so it's not that big of a deal to do it once a month (this will be even faster with the UI revamp; they are going to make redeeming these easier.)

The problem I have is that this is a change with little-to-no notice again. LoN has done this before (the change to standard sets came with very little notice, and they said in the future, they'd change the scenarios to only be standard too, but that came within a week (maybe less) of that annoucement as well.) There's no reason why this wasn't announced earlier, or announced now and made to be effective January 1st.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Those ae very valid concerns. Something that needs to be addressed. If a scenario has a nice reward (chalandria's fang for example) I'll work on it. If it's a glyph, I don't bother.
  16. LoGiC New Member

you are all being extremely childish, you mean to tell me you can't log in 1 time in 30 days??? really??? wow. some people are just never satisfied.
  17. Klober_Dcard Journeyman

i agree logging in once a month isnt to hard to do and not being able to choose the newest expantions set from free packs im suprised it took this long to change.

for the persons complaint about being unable to use old cards in new matches, all trading card games eventualy have to take out old cards to be able to make new cards viable and not overpowered when combined with new ability's on new cards. most TCG copy MTG and only use past 3 sets so your lucky LoN has let you use them as long as they did.
  18. Liliana Augur

It's not the logging in that upsets me, I already log in multiple times a week. What's annoying is the fact that they are trying to limit what we can do with the choose a pack cards. Depending on how you read it, it either sounds like we'll be unable to select the new set, or that after this month we'll no longer have the option of selecting the older sets. We've never been limited before, why start now 5 years into the game, 4 years or so into the 5 free packs
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Is there a guide somewhere to indicate which scenarios have rewards worth pursuing? I did one for a fire nimbus around halloween to give my SK the ghost rider look along with the path of fire and skull hero's forge ornament and the brawler's chain whip ornament. I'd be happy to do things that are worthwhile but if it's just for the sake of playing i'd stick to EQ itself or Magic The Gathering Duels of The Planeswalkers for a card game
  20. Piestro Augur

Moving forward packs will still be choose a packs, but won't include the most recent set at release.