Legendary: A Return to Service

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thundersnake, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Thundersnake Elder

Many of us remember seeing Stormhammer at the top of the server select screen for a long time. Though many like myself could not afford it. I think the return of something like this would be a good idea now that we've got active GM involvement again. A special event server or something of the like might be a welcome change to the standard TLP Formula. I know I personally would be willing to sign up to play there, even though I avoid TLP like the plague. P.S. I'd like to see Ring of Fire added back to the game in some way, maybe with a special Agent of Change instance.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Stormhammer left us in February 2006, so your memory of a long time is a little fuzzy (about 1/3 of EQ lifespan right now).

Are GMs actually running events on Aradune/Rizlona? Or is it just increase CS presence?

How much extra would you pay for a Stormhammer-like Live server is the real question that you didn't ask or answer. Everquest is $15 a month, or $10 if you purchase a year in advance. What would you go up to before it becomes too much? Remember, probably have to not allow just kronos to pay for a service (unless you'd force an account to pay double krono per month ... I'm not sure they'd like that bookkeeping).

We'll see what happens with Selo and Phinny in early part of 2021 when they catch Live. If the AoCs are still around and they are still non-merged (unless with each other), you'd have some of what you want (probably the most important part IMO).
  3. Thundersnake Elder

As far as I know Aradune/Rizlona just have more GM's kicking out the botters and such. I don't know if there are any extra events as a result of increased presence. Figured I'd leave any extra cost (if its needed) open to discussion and polls. If I had to give a number I would probably say $18.95 recurring sub or 2 Krono a month per account should be tolerable. I would also say truebox shouldn't be a thing on the server, or let us have 3 characters per computer, something like that if it has to be restricted in some way. I don't do TLP anymore, mostly because of the Greed before Need mentality that seems prevalent on them.
  4. Captain Video Augur

There have been a few GM-run events on Aradune, at least. A few threads in the TLP forum have discussed them.

As for the rest, there isn't the demand you think there is. The people who are willing to pay more than the cost of a single sub just buy subs on multiple accounts and then box. The GM presence on the newest TLPs was announced as a six-month experiment; there isn't yet any commitment from DPG to extend that beyond Kunark or early Velious. It has been many years since they've had enough money in the budget to have the daily GM-led event activity that was once Stormhammer. There was a 51/50 event server briefly (Quarm), but that also didn't generate enough demand to keep it going. The Heroic TLP server (Miragul) is sitting almost completely idle.
  5. Thundersnake Elder

I brought up TLP because it feels like that is all the majority of people including the developers care about, I get it that is where the money is. I'd prefer to have this server not be a TLP server though. TLP draws the wrong kind of element in my opinion. Granted you get the good with the bad, but I would prefer to keep it as separate as possible.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

They literally just announced a new expansion earlier this week and made very minimal TLP impacting changes/fixes in the October patch as a result of focusing on that expansion, but ok.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Those are guide events not GM events.
    Nniki likes this.