Least Confusing Starter City

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Venjack, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Venjack New Member

I have played many MMO games, but not EQ. I was in the Asheron's Call camp when the MMO genre was birthed. I have just made a lizard warrior on a TL sever and wow was trying to find anything confusing and it was empty of players. So what is a good starting city that also has a player population and isn't a freaking maze. Sorry to sound like a noob, but well as far as EQ I am. Thanks! Ven
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All starting cities are mazes. Even if your over on a live server.

Make sure you have downloaded the game maps (Goods & Brewell's) and learn to adjust the heights and what shows. Not sure if on the TLP servers you have the "find" key but that can be very handy in cities
    Uthor, Venjack and KarmaKitty like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

The least confusing and friendliest starting city is Crescent Reach.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Until the guy you need is on a different floor, then GL trying to follow the map and the find swirly !
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would say the Froglok starting "city" is the least confusing one, it is literally just a few tents in the middle of nowhere.

Crescent Reach has a newbie-friendly quest-progression though. :)
    Velisaris_MS and code-zero like this.
  6. quakedragon Augur

I think it depends on what is considered confusing.
    Where and who gives quests? If thats case the other zones but Cresent Reach. Also the find and the mystical paths do work in Cresent Reach.

I mean, a brand new player is not going to bum rush to Plane of Knowledge, they don't even know about it. So confusing city, at least to me, is one where it hardly gives you direction and I'd say anything but Cresent Reach would be considered confusing to a newplayer.

Back then you had other people to interact with and they would eventually stumble upon knowledge of PoK and other places to go, but today when a newbie zones in a city, they have no idea where to go or what to do. I believe thats why they made CR the default for everyone.
  7. Tucoh Augur

If Crescent Reach is avail on your TL server, that's the best choice. It's still confusing but has more lasting value as a city than the other starter cities.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I like Qeynos, which is quite strange as I am a Dark Elf and my home city is Neriak. I think I like Qeynos for the music.

It's not just about your city however. It's also about your class. Some classes have Guild Masters closer to the front gates than other classes who are deeper in the cities.

Then on top of that the default death bind point for the city is not the same as the spawn point for the class, so if you die, you end up in a spot you may be unfamiliar with.

It is best to download the brewall or goods maps which will help a lot.

I might argue that the easiest city to find your way around in is the wood elves, but it is also the easiest to die in, due to falling.
  9. SunDrake Augur

Rivervale.

I believe you might find Crescent Reach to be your best option these days, though.
  10. Asnjas1 New Member

I would 2nd, 3rd and 4th a map pack of some kind. I used brewall but im sure you cant go weong with any map. Its not just cities that are mazes but dungeons are bad too.