Learning How to use the Paladin's abilities related to damage

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Rykard, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Rykard Augur

Greetings fellow Paladin's,

I am back from the summer vacation and back to working on my Paladin. I have reached the 88th level and learning how to use my damage related abilities. Specifically, I am looking at the disciplines and AAs as I think I have the spells figured out at the moment.

At 88 I have the following:

Holyforge Discipline increases critical hit rate, crippling blow, and slay undead proc rate slightly.

Inquisitors Judgement adds a DD proc.

Valorous rage increases critical hit damage with a few counter measures to offset it.

Righteous Indignation increases 2handed slash accuracy.

When I want to do damage using a 2 hander, I click Holyforge, Valorous rage, Inquisitor's, and Righteous Indignation. When I want to do damage using a 1 hander, I click Holyforge, Valorous rage, and Inquisitor's. Well last night in breaking off my rust, I clicked righteous indignation and noticed my counter was going down over time with no 2 hander equiped. Is this a case where accuracy mod is not specific to a weapon type? Am I using my skills to their potential or, is there a better way such as actuation order...etc?

Rykard
  2. Brudal Augur

RI is not reliant on wielding a 2 handed weapon, it adds a melee proc that adds a 2 hand slash damage very similar to Inquisitor's Judgment.
    Rykard likes this.
  3. shiftie Augur

4. Rykard Augur

I had a read what I think I see issue here as I checked it up at raidloot prior to posting. Thank you for pointing out that it uses the skill not requires the weapon for damage.

Rykard
  5. Rykard Augur

6. Brudal Augur

Somewhat dated but I found Abazz's post about DPS helpful.