Learn the Enchanter Class before you tamper with it

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Vlerg Augur

I am absolutly sure I am the best French erudite wizard worshipping Quellious who also happen to work in Northern Canada!
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  2. Xikteny Augur

Iila, Potawatomi, Beimeith and 5 others like this.
  3. Reval Augur

It's a trap.

For all we know the guy could be really good at actual crowd control. Back when that was a big deal. I go over the top too often, and I realize the complaints he gave were about enchanter dps, but there are several posts (ironically against the op's view) that mentioned that enchanters could not be measured by dps alone.

What if his guild is short on people, and takes longer to kill mobs?
    What if he was in a group where the only support class was him vs others that may have more support?

I'll ask for a call to sanity on this one, because being in a guild that went from close to full raids to 30 people including alts after progression servers, issues like that can really hit home. I spend most raids nowadays runing the main tanks to try to make up for the loss of healers. What if he casts runes or something like that during a burn out of observed necessity?

Let him be proud of what he's done in game, otherwise what's the point?
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Viva Jay Sherman. Viva Quebec!
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hence why I get stuck botting an ench in Arx a lot lately :(. Random_enchanter needs to admit he has a probrem ^ . ^
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

I believe i Did here? isn't that the first of the 15 steps?

I have never claimed to be the best, nor have i claimed to be the worst. I have only ever claimed that i am random!

But really i would love to see a solo enchanter arx4 with charming the bugs and mezzing on wave 1, stun locking one of the right side 4 and charming on wave 2 and burning the mini's and charming on wave 3. With out having any of the bugs eat more people than 'normal' massive Props to the person who can do that, cause i know i can't. Heck I can't do it with two enchanter bots, but we did do it with another real enchanter
  7. Reval Augur

when you say bot... you really mean box, right?
  8. Sancus Augur

Wanna give a link? Cause I just went through your entire guild website and could not find any public areas that listed DPS/cast logs. The only links that hinted towards parses I could not access (i.e. not public).

I'm legitimately curious what you were using to only hit 55k DPS on a full burn.
    Silv likes this.
  9. Maxxbuff Journeyman

Here we go. Reading is fundamental... I never said those were my numbers, as I was not on the last Vitio raid. We were over-filled and I have 5 enchanters, thus I sat out. That does not change the numbers from my fellow members. I also never claimed to be the best, but considered one of the best by game play. Yes, default stats and spell dmg, I am #1, like it or not. There is a clear difference, but again, you guys are not seeing the big picture. I also stated this is not about me, but my class, way to think small.

I look at what effect the changes have had, and listen to my fellow enchanters, review my logs, as well as theirs to come to make observations. If we are talking overall raid, then yes, it was good to boost everyone. If you are talking group or enchanter in raid without caster group then, it is not. And you guys may not have been around during the post-POP error, but this these types of changes brought the class to their knees.

As far as the buttons, are you telling me that enchanters had the most alternate abilities that are buttons? I don't mind the gather mana thing, but I doubt we were the top... I believe Rangers are (I could be wrong), so again why would that be a priority. Priority should always be to increase enrollment, game play, and balance.

So, let us get down to the numbers.
    My best enchanter Prior to changes he would hang out between 65-110kdps depending on group makeup:
    7/26 Praetor Vitio 139s: 7417610, 1.69%, @56194, 31 spells cast - (Even with 2 other enchanters in group)
    7/12 Praetor Vitio 164s: 9559586, 2.14%, @68283, 40 spells cast (3 were from stasis for deep sleep)

It may be that we need to change the spell lineups, but this is what I'm seeing across the board in general from them. Our combat dummy numbers are lower as well.
  10. Maxxbuff Journeyman

11. Igniz Augur

Perhaps you want to have a look at this parse of our last Praetor Vitio. With almost 260 seconds, it doesn't even count toward burn anymore, yet one of our enchanters managed to hit 72K DPS for the whole duration. Can't remember the exact group setup, but at least a druid was in it, but definitely no bards.
  12. Maxxbuff Journeyman

72k is no where near the numbers these others are claiming, and not close to the 90's our guys could achieve before without support. We had one hit 71k, and she had the full compliment of spell casting support. As a class, their average on that event was around 56K.
  13. Maxxbuff Journeyman

This isn't to make enchanters into a major dps class. It is to keep us valuable assets in and out of raids, with and without casting support, and enjoying the game. We keep going down rabbit holes for no reason. I doubt many of us that actually play, had issues or out performed other dps classes that were actually trying, prior to this latest patch.
  14. Sancus Augur

Thank you, I respect that you gave data to back up your claim.

That said, looking at the top Enchanter on the parse, the ability timing and spell casting (specifically DoTs) don't look particularly conducive to a max DPS lineup. Your DoTs do have utility, but the tradeoff is their DPS is really terrible.
  15. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I completely agree. The only dot that I use is mental contortion (help tanking), and all out burn nukes. I parse a little higher, but it is still nothing like it used to be. I would love to see one of those enchanters lineups and such, that claim over 90kdps on Vitio post-nerf.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

I find the title of this post very ironic xD
    Iila, Sheex, Silv and 1 other person like this.
  17. segap Augur

Since we're pulling out our yard sticks... As a 1999 enchanter and the main enchanter from one of the old guilds often listed in people's top guilds of all time lists, the last thing I ever want to be as an enchanter is a wizard. Heck, I went 2-3 years without ever meming a damage spell on a raid. Enchanters should not be doomed to being a dps class. I enjoy the utility of the class. Being able to react to and control situations. Boosting the power of others. Unfortunately this patch broke the boosting part. People that don't want class interdependencies got their way to have adps made a lesser component for casters. Wizards get innate power at the expense of enchanter utility. What I cared about was seeing a group I'm in beat a group without me. I'd want to see that the people on top of the parse got there with my help. I always viewed enchanters as team players versus being concerned only about their own deeds. Though I did love the power of crowd control. It was also fun when I could alone get the kill experience on a raid boss from charms. The comments from the group stacked with rogues and monks with a bard were always priceless. That was true reward from taking some risk and using the unique skills of the class. On the other hand, I often had to sacrifice my self with the insane aggro that was tash.
    Igniz and Silv like this.
  18. RPoo Augur

It's no big secret, PM me yours and i'll PM you mine =)
    Mintalie likes this.
  19. Silv Augur

<3 Tash deaggro focus weapon from PoI raid.

Agree with this, especially when you throw in constant spell shielding and group runes. We've done it no problem with 2, ideally we do it with 3 and it's always a breeze.

Enchanters making top 10 in raid parses should never have been a thing unless everyone else in the raid just is horrible (and we're going to just say everyone was playing moderate to highly effective). At least with the AC changes I'm seeing some melee crawl back to the top which is appropriate. I *do* agree that the Haze changes were mindless and probably have no rational basis but to think that it is reducing Enchanter DPS by 20 - 50k is a bit of a stretch. So, your experience is that it's worse after the nerf and many others see it as the same or better. I think they overnerfed but not to the point of bashing Enchanters into obscurity again.

As I posted elsewhere, I think the mindless grind is finally getting to people and nerfs are just the cherry on top of a rotten sundae. Enchanters have very active roles on Arx 1, 1.5, 2, 4, and 5. Acting like we have nothing to do is almost as much of an exaggeration as saying the Haze nerf ruined our DPS. Could there be more? I'm sure. But for having no Dzarn raids (well, he did Tita's Ghost I think?) we came out pretty well in the crowd control game for this expac IMO.
    RPoo likes this.
  20. Silv Augur

BW, IOG, Haze, Auspice, ITC, Calc. Insanity, TC aura, Mana Flare aura, Frostweave aura, Big nuke-105, Big nuke-100, Big nuke-95. Also kill him in under 120s. All of those mods were at once.

I'm sure Renaii has a better lineup since she's awesomesauce. I've gotten complacent so my effort to DPS is meh these days.

Sounds like some people aren't taking advantage of the new stacking changes!
    Sancus likes this.