LDoN Layout Demystified

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Orbital101 Augur

No, I got the last one I was missing after the patch that i was trying to get the past 2 days
    snailish likes this.
  2. GoldenFrog Augur

Excellent job completing - and helping put the maps and information together for others.
    snailish and Fanra like this.
  3. Venedar Lorekeeper

Confirming that; The Drowning Crypt kill: "a polluted Korta messenger". Is not working, killed all npc and boss isnt spawning.
  4. Ginormus Journeyman

I just had the following in Tak:

Prince Jerranad - Primastic Corridors
    #Antlion Burrower (kill Master Architect) - Sunken Library
    Mistress Solavia - Fading Temple
    Grilnir the Unrelenting - Sandfall Corridors
    Grilnir the Unrelenting - Fading Temple
    Mistress Solavia - Fading Temple

So, number 3 and 6 are the same target, same zone... However the boss did not spawn in the same room.
  5. Ginormus Journeyman

Following up on my last comment, actually I did the first ones in normal mode, and then in hard mode. Full list of what I did tonight is:

Normal - Prince Jerranad - Primastic Corridors
    Normal - #Antlion Burrower (kill Master Architect) - Sunken Library
    Normal - Mistress Solavia - Fading Temple
    Normal - Grilnir the Unrelenting - Sandfall Corridors
    Normal - Grilnir the Unrelenting - Fading Temple

Hard - Mistress Solavia - Fading Temple
    Hard - High Flowkeeper Meirgad - Antiquated Palace
    Hard - Vagrant Nalikad - Sandfall Corridors
    Hard - Grilnir the Unrelenting - Fading Temple
    Hard - High Flowkeeper Meirgad - Shifting Tower
    Hard - Arch Priest Grylith - Prismatic Corridors

1) To follow-up on Good's post, Vagrant Nalikad, High Flowkeeper Meirgad, and Prince Jerranad seem to have at least 2 possible geometries each.

2) The memory of last 5 adventures seem to take into account all the components (the boss name / type of mission, the geometry, and the difficulty).

3) Could be luck, but in normal mode I only have 1 named in 5 adventures, while in hard mode I had 1 to 3 nameds every time.
  6. Lianeb Augur

I have found that the kill count adventures do not follow the last 5 layout exclusion scheme as mentioned above. The number of kills is also indicative of the zone layout you get, each zone has a very specific count to them. Though some zones share the same number each zone only has one number over 100 missions.

That said if you want "Arena of Chance" look for 54 kill count. You will get arena or hidden vale.
    GoldenFrog likes this.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

I like this. However after about 30 runs so far, it seems to follow the "last 5" for both Count+Zone. I may just not have seen a violation but would make sense.

Looks like the math doesn't help too much - except less work to track 10 numbers rather than 30 nameds.

50 - Wind Bridges
    51 - The Blazing Forge
    53 - The Drudge Hollows, The Fortified Lair of the Taskmasters
    54 - The Hidden Vale, The Arena of Chance
    56 - The Bloodied Quarries
    58 - The Gladiator Pits
    60 - The Halls of War, The Barracks of War
  8. Ginormus Journeyman

Has anyone investigated the collect or rescue missions, and is there a specific pattern like a number of items to collect or name of a hostage, that will give Arena of chance for certain ?
  9. Orbital101 Augur

I tried hostage adventures and did a research in what zone these name could pop in and they seem to be spawning in all the layout.

I did mostly all normal and I dint really see much of a difference.
  10. Uuvin Augur

past 4 days I have completed 174 LDoN missions. 83 Mistmoor and I am still missing Scion Chaotic Swarm. 33 in Takish (still miss 11 names there) and 56 in Rujarkian. The information supplied here in previous posts is great, I am just complaining that in 56 missions I got 11 Arena of Chance and in those 11 I have had none of the 5 rare names spawn (Captive Coin Bleeder, Steelslave Trader, Murdering Slave, Farmished Slave, Bloodied Harrower). Does that fit with what you guys are getting? Those 5 are that rare?
  11. Lianeb Augur

Most themes I was 100+ in to finish them. Rujarkian I was almost 300

You forgot the steeslave infiltrator also
  12. Siny Augur

Anyone seen any of the rares for The Chapel of the Witness since the patch ? I've finished all the other Guk LDoNs but have yet to see a single rare in chapel
  13. Siny Augur

Ok forget that. One finally appeared !
  14. Uuvin Augur

Deepest Guk - The Drowning Crypt works now. Oime Ugun is one of the kill boss missions now. It takes time, a lot of time, but I am getting there.
  15. Jalelorf Augur

The last statement of not getting the last 5 dungeons you have started will not be included in your next request is complete bull hockey. I've been requesting for the Arena of Chance for days now and tried this method of actually zoning in on each request and then failing it. Still keep getting the same zone I previously requested many times. You guys need to actually play the game before making these statements.
  16. Febb Augur

A simple "hey there, I am still getting the same dungeons when I request a new dungeon" would have be fine instead of throwing a temper tantrum.
  17. Catty Lorekeeper

Then some people need to actually understand what they're saying and assume it's them who's wrong.

It's not LAST FIVE ZONES - it's last five ZONE+NAMED combination. (or other mixtures).

So in a camp with 3 unique names per zone - you could get the same ZONE three times in a row, but it would have 3 different NAMEDS each time.

(So I'm obligated to say: "You need to actually READ THE THREAD you're responding to before making these statements")
  18. Lianeb Augur

You should do more LDON.
    I can guarantee you with fail flipping like he is talking about you can get the same zone back to back, even more so if you are flipping Kill counts (only 1 layout per zone) and not named mobs. In fact, if flipping fails it is actually faster to get the zone you want with kill counts because of this not following the last 5.
  19. Jalelorf Augur

You word it the way you want to. Don't put words in my mouth.
  20. Uuvin Augur

For Takish-Hiz

-The Prismatic Corridors: The Great Summoning, Arch Priest Grylith* and Prince Jerranad*