LDoN Exploration Task, REALLY SOE?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurayami, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Kurayami Augur

Is there any way this could be changed to be more, I don't know, sane? Currently it requires that you zone into about 8 to 11 different RANDOM zones for 5 different areas, some 1 or 2 zones away. Took me and a guildy about an hour and a half of chain requesting and leaving tasks for Miragul's alone. Had him at the north entrance, a box at the south, to quickly find out if it was a repeat or not then immediately start the process over again.

Now this isn't hard to do in any way, but it is obnoxiously redundant. I expect to spend another 6 hours of joy to knock the other 4 out. Not enjoying the landscape, no just chain requesting and hoping I get the right random zone. There has to be a better way to get this, this is just awful.
    Loratex likes this.
  2. Pirouette Augur

Have you tried using fellowship campfires to get around faster (since you're using 3 characters to get around)? Or binding your character at the camp? Keep in mind that wizzie/druid evac can be pretty useful for getting around too if you have that option available to you, or bard selo's. Also, if you have the adventurer's stone you can use the magus at the camps to port to the next camp (Everfrost, LFay, Ro, and whatever the 4th camp was).

I haven't done LDoNs in a while, so I don't remember how requesting works. Do you just get a random mission instead of selecting which one? It seems simple now to give a pop-up list allowing you to select the mission now that it's trivial content.
  3. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

It's kind of funny if you think about it.
  4. gcubed Augur

Well, you can select the mission you want or let the game select it for you. Having said that, even if you are selecting your missions, it is still random as to which zone/map you get.
    Pirouette likes this.
  5. Stubar Augur

It's nbd really. This achievement is meant to be a time sink. I did it a few weeks ago and it took an hour at the most for each theme. I'd rather have something to do than just have it given to me like everything else is in the game now. Ohhhh these first word probs!
  6. Abazzagorath Augur

Would think you'd be complaining about the LoN Hermit's Hideaway and the wedding chapel ones.
    silku, Tarrin and Potawatomi like this.
  7. Mytoss Elder

i agree , and the housing things.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Seems to me like this is a 'bonus' achievement for spending a lot of time doing LDoN runs, rather than a reason to have a ton of mission failures.

Achievements in EQ are nothing but timesinks anyway. Overall, achievements should be some measure of skill or ingenuity, more than just someone willing to spend a bunch of time grinding away at a mob counter, experience bars or a list of checkboxes. Maybe a handful of exceptions for those with massive time invested - Megadeth, Master Artisan, BiC, etc...
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have 147 unopened LON packs, opening will be my next step if I cannot find a Hermit Hideaway by the weekend, at least the chapels are optional

LDoN I'm not looking forward to.
  10. Kurayami Augur

Would agree with you, if not for the fact I did a good deal of LDoNs back when they were 'relevant'. Not sure what code they use to back check this stuff, but I know it was telling me I hadn't been to zones I went to just a week before. It isn't the end of the world, but I still find it unnecessarily obnoxious and horrible.

I don't actually mind playing Where's Waldo in attempts to find a Hermit's Hideaway, at least I get to see a lot of different things in the process, what others have spent their free time doing. It is a far different situation than LDON hopping.

Granted, I wouldn't be sad at this point if someone pointed out where to find a Hermit's Hideaway on Erollisi Marr. May put a bounty out for it in general tonight in fact, lol.
  11. Pirouette Augur

Thanks, wasn't sure how it worked.

Kurayami, they've only been tracking them since RoF I believe. So it makes sense that you didn't already have the update.
  12. Tobynn Augur

I recently max'd out Wayfarer's charm as part of Hero's Journey, so completing all of the LDoN travelers was concurrent and therefore required zero additional effort.

Now, trying to complete LDoN travelers on a couple alts, I find this is hella annoying. Particularly aggravating when you're down to only 1 of 12 zones remaining, and the RNG just refuses to fall into that elusive 8%. Bleh.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Lynnia Augur

the wedding chapels are optional, and as for the housing and guild hall ones YOU don't have to buy them, just have to find one the owner allows visitors of each type.