Lava Sessiloid mount. Players, Devs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Critts, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Critts Augur

First off, mount is awesome!
    Second, how the hell is someone going to farm the coin to get one of these without living on everquest? The coin rewards for pretty much any of the anniversary missions are very low. I have played During anniversary for the last 3 years in a row as well as a number of times in the past and I only have about 700 coin. It’s probably pretty obvious that I have never farmed them in the past but I have also never spent any either.
    So I know the mounts are meant to be somewhat rare, but how would one go about farming 800 coins?
    Are there any missions that yield a greater amount of coin besides the 3 day lock out raid/mission?
  2. Riou EQResource

Magically Delicious rewards 20 coins per 6 hour lockout, I don't think any other is that much, or as fast when you pre-farm, even the new stuff isn't

You can pre-farm all components to the task, when you have the components pre-farmed the task itself takes like 10 minutes and if you can time your play around 10 minutes every 6 hours, it isn't that unreasonable to do this task at least 2x per day, and the anniversary events will be up for another like 45 days
    Critts likes this.
  3. Eanelder Augur

1500 coin mount, 40 coins per day (if ONLY doing 1 mission) is 38 days (assuming you have no coins banked).

I feel that IS a bit UNreasonable. Having farmed the 1000 coin mount last year it is doable, I can certainly say it wasn't fun. You might be better off to start banking and farming for next years 2000 coin mount.

My impression has always been that the price of anniversary rewards is assigned by one dev, while coin rewards are assigned by the another and these two devs refuse to speak to each other.
    Critts, Fanra and fransisco like this.
  4. Cloudia Augur

No you got that wrong, their desks face one another. They plan this on purpose just to see how many players they can get to blow their tops.
    or maybe as has been said by some dead general...
    Never put down to malice what can be caused by incompetence.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm just glad I don't collect mounts. My eyes would be crossed trying to get these coins every year. As it stands, I rarely do any of them more than once (exceptions made if there are fun things to acquire that take a few runs - like the Xorbb mission the year that came out, or the Steamfont mission).

I like having a huge variety of content, which includes these anniversary tasks. But by virtue of the fact that these are only out for a limited time, I (try to) get what I need as fast as possible and then I'm burnt out on that mission/group of tasks. That Steamfont task really bummed me out after doing it over multiple years as often as possible, to finally get the illusion from it last year (I think . . . maybe two years ago).

Every so often I consider getting enough coins to get a bag, but I never have enough for the largest one available in any given year. It would just be a bank bag that I would upgrade from 22-24 slots to whatever . . . so no real urgency there. (By the by, if you made the bags have unique graphics (such as the graphic from the anniversary cake item) to help me sort my bank, I would probably re-prioritize!).

The only one-off type mission I never got tired of was the boomerang mission in Brell's Rest . . . I would really dig it if there was a reason (besides fun) to go back there. I know that wasn't an anniversary mission, but I thought I'd mention it as the type of fun task that I would enjoy doing each year if there was such an anniversary task.
  6. Critts Augur

That seems doable. Thanks for the insight.
  7. Critts Augur

Yea the bags are somewhat of a let down. Not something I would spend anywhere near to that amount of time on.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I want the mount, I've sorta became more interested since they keyring happened.
    I'm not sure I'll get to that level though, so may need to wait a couple years.
    I spend enough time raiding/casual raiding it doesn't leave huge amounts of time for other things. I can live without the mount. I have the fancy new raid mount, but the sessiliod sounds cool.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

The price is way too high for the time investment . With the abundance of mounts in the game already, chasing yet another one seems like a time waster. If I’m going after 1500 coins give me a reward I haven’t seen before. Mounts,illusions,familiars, and mercenaries have been done to death. Create something new.
  10. Critts Augur

I can get behind that all the way!! Here’s to automatic recipe scribing!
  11. Bigstomp Augur

It's probably a bit expensive for anniversary stuff. It's too expensive for the reward given coins. I have multiple years worth of coins, and unless I rode the 6 hour lockouts I'm not sure I could earn enough to earn this mount.

I'm sure with more time/dedication could do it, but 5-10 coins for most mission. I just don't have tme to do 150 to 300 missons.
    Critts likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

1st their are more then one mission to get the
    Commemorative Coin.

2nd the coins can be saved till you have the coins to buy something so do some ever year.
    3rd most would buy the two bags 1st over a mount but that is up to you GL.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116720
  13. smash Augur

My personal view of those anniv buys for that particular coin is more simple.

It is simply intended as a big timesink.

Only as an afterthought is that the devs might have some internal competition on who can create the most expensive item and get it sold. ;)
    Critts likes this.
  14. Brohg Augur

mounts are cool
    bags are cool
    frightstone merc is cool

that none of it actually adds game power so fuckos don't spend the rest of the year about them is SUPER cool
  15. Critts Augur

Those bags are pretty much useless they might upgrade two bags in my bank. Not worth the time at all. While it is arguable that the mount isn’t worth the time as well. I guess it depends on personal prefrance. Some may want the bags some might want the mounts most think they are both useless lol. I’ve been playing during anniversary for years now and do not have enough coin saved up. Thats because I have not farmed the coin at all. I have only been doing the task that where relevant to me via rewards or interest. So at this rate I would be able to buy the mount in 3 or 4 more years. No telling if I’ll be playing at that point or if my toon will still be playable. I guess I could plan for it to be a retirement mount lol. The task suggested are farmable enough that I should be able to reach my goal before Anniversery’s end this year. I hope anyone else with an interest in the higher priced items can make use of the most efficient methods of coin farming that may be presented here.
  16. Critts Augur

What?
  17. Critts Augur

Agreed. Lots of those mission take a good amount of time as well. I have spent as much time on progression missions and task for the most recent Expansions. Not that the complexity of some of the content is a bad thing at all just that they take a very long time vs the amount of coin needed for the rewards.
  18. Critts Augur

Got it!! Frogs look unbelievable dumb on this mount perfect for the Cactus helm ornament!! Now if my tung would just hang out all the time. As a review the grind wasn’t hard but it did require splitting play time up. You can request the Magicaly delicious task and go AFK or log out for up to 22 hours before it ends. Completing the task after haveing it active for 6 or more hours yields nonlock out timers. Useful for runing the task twice in a row and only taking a few mins to request it before work or whatever.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

I know of one player on my server that has gotten the last two mounts. He 6 boxes and has them on all 6 of his toons. Not sure if he is chasing this one but since he is a collector I imagine he would. He can blow through most of those missions pretty fast which is key. I think for the average player these things are out of reach. It would be nice if they added coins to all of the anniversary events instead of a select few. This would at least allow people to continue to work towards these items for the entire duration of anniversary time and have a larger variety of quests to work with instead of doing the same ones over and over again which goes from being fun to rather mechanical and uninteresting. I know I gave up two years ago when they released the first mount after farming about 700 coins. I don't know how many clickies I got for random peeps on my server but it was a lot trying to farm the coins.
  20. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

For me I wouldn't spend on all my EQ time collecting coins for a mount. The mount is fairly cool looking, but it doesn't enrapture me enough to go after it.

Now if EQ had a fairy healer merc or a fairy pet illusion I would live in the anniversary missions to obtain either one of them.