Launchpad update

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Siny, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Siny Augur

OMG please warn when u do a major launchpad update !

Your message says that if the update fails twice that I need to reinstall and it just sends me to the Daybreak homepage and you then have to go looking for instructions.

Having done that, its now refusing to let me install or repair at my old location (C:\Program Files\EverQuest ) and insists on installing at C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest

So thanks DB, because of your vainness I'm having to spend my night copying files and patching !
  2. Puller New Member

Couldn't agree more - very sloppy of them. Terrible misdirect - need main link to new Launchpad on sites sent to. Terrible
  3. eqmahti New Member

Support link doesn't go anywhere, and the link to get the new launcher doesn't take you to a place to get it.

Fail
  4. Puller New Member

To help those in need, this seems to have worked for me - open EQ in Steam, and they have directions on how to verify integrity of the game cache (which results in a new launcher). Won't work for non-steam users unfortunately.
  5. DaBigLurchman New Member

I thought that I was fairly computer savoy until I had to figure out this new launcher. The beta link doesnt seem to be working and the link sending me to the Daybreak homepage is absolutely worthless. I guess i could cut and paste to the new folder to speed up logging in, but the way this was handled not only sux but is wrong in every way. Purchasing and playing a game shouldn't require much computer knowledge for the customer and if you provide a link, make it one that is useful.
    Re-patching the game seems to be the best course for me at this moment. Am I correct in assuming that a pre-order of the next expansion makes this process easier?
  6. Vetplayer Elder

Siny,
    Why can't you just use Launchpad from this location of EverQuest? patch it...and good to go ? What is the error your experiencing.

I have mine in the same location. . used Launchpad.exe... patched. wend to desktop.. clicked the EQ icon.. worked.
    Also, I am using a shortcut to ' eqgame.exe' on desktop after patched. The old eqgame.exe didn't work after patch.. So I had to go into my directory and patch via running ' launchpad'.

Right clicking eqgame shortcut .. and renaming the ' Target ' location from C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe ........... to, C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

Adding the word patchme.

It literally took me under 1 min to patch EQ after last nights patch.