Launchpad problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shavin, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Isn't there a compatibility mode that people use in win 10 and vista to make eq work? Something about running it in win 7 or 8 compatibility? Can't remember exactly what but I am sure a search in upper right will bring up posts about it.
  2. Alwaysomething New Member

Having the Same issue... Has anyone tried redownloading??
  3. Dega Elder

Same issue here Vista
  4. Clynxalic New Member

Same Issue as OP on my win XP computer. Win 10 computer also crashed at character select a couple times before finally letting me in. Obviously new problems with today's patch.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or even - Gods of Karana forbid - but restart your computers?
  6. Alwaysomething New Member

We should just mark it up for today 9 hour patch expect a good 9 hours before things get resolved ;//
  7. nantalbus Elder

form the support page system requirments

Below are listed the current recommended specs for running EverQuest as it was meant to be run. Note that some machines may still be able to run the game with less than the Minimum Recommended Specs.
    MINIMUM RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Processor: Pentium 4/Athlon 64 or better
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA Ti 4800 or ATI 9800 (comparison chart)
    • Network: 28.8k + Internet Connection
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB of free hard drive space
    OPTIMAL RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Phenom II x2
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA 6800 or ATI x1800 (comparison chart)
    • Network: 56.6k + Internet Connection
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB of free hard drive space
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...minimum-system-requirements-to-run-EverQuest-

only date i see on the page said Friday at 9:14
  8. Copen New Member

Same here buddy
  9. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

It wouldn't be nice of them to change the min reqs for a 18 years old game without a warning. Then again, another russian company changed the minreqs over this week too, so i guess our Russian Overlords require at least Win7 to spy on us?
  10. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Can't backdoor in past the launcher either, get the Error 1017. Hope they fix it soon, six of us like games we can play together, and not all of us are going to be able to upgrade a computer to run EQ. I notice other games that run still on XP.
  11. MelediWeaver Journeyman

Interesting article... about this bug...https://www.khronos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1216

The binary located at /ogl/trunk/ecosystem/public/sdk/tools/glslang/Install/Windows/glslangValidator.exe (revision 27928) will not run on Windows Vista SP2, displaying the following error dialog before crashing:

glslangValidator.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point K32GetProcessMemoryInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

The MSDN page for GetProcessMemoryInfo (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683219%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) suggests that this due to a difference in linkage between Windows 7 and earlier versions; Windows 7 directly defines GetProcessMemoryInfo as K32GetProcessMemoryInfo in Kernel32.dll, whereas earlier versions call GetProcessMemoryInfo in Psapi.dll which wraps to K32GetProcessMemoryInfo.

Possible solution:
    "Programs that must run on earlier versions of Windows as well as Windows 7 and later versions should always call this function as GetProcessMemoryInfo. To ensure correct resolution of symbols, add Psapi.lib to the TARGETLIBS macro and compile the program with -DPSAPI_VERSION=1. To use run-time dynamic linking, load Psapi.dll."
  12. MelediWeaver Journeyman

13. Alwaysomething New Member

If someone finds a fix please let us know
  14. nerdy New Member

As of right now the only solution is to drop XP or Vista and get windows 7 or better? Why wouldnt they post a warning they were going to stop compatibility...like almost everyone else does when they drop an OS.
  15. Mad Thaumaturgess New Member

I have the same problem. I get the Launchpad. exe - Entry Point Not Found and the blurb below it. The Procedure Entry Point ... Blah, Blah, Blah ...

I also get a box that says LaunchPadShell stating updating components.
    Their is a progress bar that starts out at 50% and stays that way.

Also if I hit the ok button on the launchpad.exe several times, I get to the regular login screen, but with an error message, blah. cannot do this or that.

I am using XP Service Pack 3, updated drivers. I was able to log in yesterday with no issues, now today. This.

I just hope it is something that can be fixed.

Heather.
  16. Nightmares Augur

I've been meaning to upgrade anyways, just do not like to be forced into it when at an inappropriate time.
    I been trying to get Win 7 from microsoft but I can't find a link to buy it from them, and I need that to upgrade to Win 10. anyone know of a solution for this pls?
    I've been playing since Beta, have 21 accounts, 6 of which are silver and 6 are all access( lot of mules here...). I jst bought krono as well.... this almost seems like they are holding my paid accounts and krono purchases hostage... that being due to them changing Min spec required with no forward notice ( you'd think legally everyone needs at least 1 weeks notice for things that affect financial situations like this... I know banks do).
  17. Makta Elder

So lets see, chat channels not working on some servers, launchpad broken on older window versions, servers wrongly flagged as non standard thus breaking server transfers to/from those servers. Yup, it's a typcial EQ patch day.
  18. Anhari Augur

I didn't take the time to read all the previous responses so bear with me here...

If you haven't tried this it may fix your problem:

Right click on your Launchpad icon
    Go to properties
    click on Advanced
    Make sure the Run as Administrator check box is checked
    Click on OK
    Click on Apply
    Click on OK

Double click on your Launchpad icon and see if you get the Launchpad to "launch"
    Once it launches, go to the advanced page (click on the gear), select Validate Game Assets and then click on the Validate button. It may take a few minutes to update everything (or hours :) ) but you should be golden after this.

BTW, you may want to check the properties after every patch. I found that sometimes the Run as Administrator check box gets de-selected!
  19. Candaan New Member

WIN XP does not have the choice in the properties to set RUN AS ADMIN.

You can right click on the icon and select RUN AS and then select a valid ADMIN account, but the same error occurs.
  20. nantalbus Elder

didn't MS end all support and everything for everything older then 7 like 2 or so months ago? once that happened it was just a matter of time before stuff like this happened. I started playing EQ back with win 98. I can remember when they stop for win 95/98/ME as MS stopped all support for them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.