LaunchPad Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jara, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jara New Member

I have not been able to log in since yesterday. When i run the launchpad to download the new patch this is what i get:

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.comfor assistance.
    (4-503)
    I've tried it many times and not sure how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. forbes77 Elder

have you done a complete file check?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How many extra copies are running in task manager? This might work but you may have to do it each time.

1. Leave Launchpad open with error displayed (4-503) (you will take pleasure in watching it kaput)
    2. Open Task Manager
    3. Under processes | right click/END TASK on ALL duplicate 'GameLauncherCefProcess.exe' you see listed (only 1 is needed)
    4. VOILA! (4-503) disappears and PLAY button illuminates - CLICK PLAY
  4. Jara New Member

CatsPaws, I've only got 1 copy running right now. Sometimes it opens with multiply but when i try and close the extras it shuts down the entire program. Still not working.

How do you run a complete file check without the launchpad patcher?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On the patcher screen in lower left corner is a cog - wheel looking thing - click it and select file verification - that is what he means
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

ok here is a nice post that covers many reasons it could be happening and how to fix it. I would focus on firewall/windows update yesterday might have turned on something or av program/windows defender - something is interfering with your connection - could even be an update from your cable provider and resetting the modem would fix (just turn off for 30 sec and back on)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/error-code-4-503.230066/
  7. forbes77 Elder

thanks cat i diddnt explain to well :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Jara New Member

Just saw the above link. I'll go check it out. Thanks guys
  9. Jara New Member

Got it to work, you'll never believe what the fix was. All I had to do was right click and open a administrator. SMH.... Thanks for posting the troubleshooting link.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I betcha that windows update yesterday switched something about using as administrator. Whatever....glad your back in game!!!!