Launchpad Error

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cayz, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Cayz New Member

Launchpad will run, but then i get an Error saying .....

There was a problem getting the list of files for download. An update may be in progress. Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

This has been going on for over 12hrs so far. Any ideas?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Go into your EverQuest folder and look for the folder called LaunchPad.libs. Note that depending upon your Windows settings, you might not see the ".libs". Inside that folder is another folder called LaunchPad.Cache. Again, depending upon your Windows settings, you might not see the ".Cache".

Copy the contents of the LaunchPad.Cache to another place on your computer, in case you wish to reverse this. Then delete the contents of that folder. Note that doing so may remove your login information, so be sure to have your Username and Password handy.

See if that helps.
  3. Cayz New Member

I had already tried that. The error message comes up when it tries to "Play" (i have auto-play enabled), then the Green Play button becomes a Red "Retry" button and I get the same message.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes simply turning off modem for your connection and then turning it back on clears out the issues, of course that would require you turn off the computer also which often helps too.
  5. disgruntled Augur

A guildy had that problem. He said it's DranikhollowsC.eqp file. Complete file check will not fix it. This requires a dev's intervention.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

disgruntled likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Nniki Augur

disgruntled likes this.
  9. Cayz New Member

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and info, unfortunately none of it solved the issue. I had to do a fresh install of EQ.....3 times, but it seems to be working alright now.