Launcher Unable to Connect (4-404)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by There Ya Go, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Bjorn New Member

Sigh Am in Brussels, Belgium, on Belgacom

Same probem, Launchpad dont work.

Cant we for ONCE since 1999 get a Patch that is CORRECT, NOT causing a series of errors, instead of remedie same?
    weaselweaver likes this.
  2. Saxet Nitsua New Member

I spoke with tech support and they are aware of this, as for the eta they were not sure how long it would take but did say it just happened recently. Hope it helps.
  3. Raidian Lorekeeper

Comcast, NW Florida
  4. South01 New Member

My bad everyone. I came back to EQ last night. It's tradition if I come back then the game has to be down within 36 hours of me paying for a membership.
    [Glad I found this thread though, thought it was just me, I was about to uninstall everything and reinstall for no reason apparently]
  5. Goodtimes Journeyman

Patcher is working for me now think they revied the hamster
  6. tokker_mage New Member

well, if this just started... i guess i have time to watch a movie. :(
  7. BELCANTO New Member

seem fixed !!
  8. Saxet Nitsua New Member

I thought the same, just came back from a few year break...
  9. Tiannon New Member

10. Saxet Nitsua New Member

It is sort of fixed now, able to log in. - edit, but not click play... (sigh)
  11. arows New Member

going to take a break. back in an hour or so to check if I can get in then. by the way, eq II is working ok. so is just an eq issue with launcher. have friends that logged in earlier and they are still on with no issues. so is limited to the launcher as the issue. friend even logged off one char and got on another from char select. so it is just the launcher.

just as a point of interest. back in a bit.
  12. TSR-AlexS Augur

Should be resolved. Thank you guys again for the reports. Was very helpful.
    weaselweaver, guado and Sartori like this.
  13. Sartori New Member

Nice quick fix really, good job! Working again....
  14. Lanadili Elder

I found a solution for everyone (including me) who are having the 4-404 login issues:

Go into your everquest directory and right-click on eqgame.exe and send it to the desktop (create shortcut).

Now go to the desktop icon you just created (best to rename it to something like Everquest - No Launcher) and right-click it and go to properties.

In the properties window, with the tab on Shortcut, you want to add patchme in the target window right after egame.exe (after the last quote) so it would look something like this:

"C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

This worked for me, hope it does for everyone else.
    guado likes this.
  15. SijandiStraightarrow Fold of the Black Talon / Lanys T'vyl

Western KY Time Warner cable. I was ingame and attempted to load LoN again, after receiving "Your login is not valid." message yesterday. I got a black screen that was only resolved by loading Task Manager (Win7). I attempted to load LoN again, and got cursor displacement bug, which is common when I load LoN in game. Yesterday I attempted to download LoN standalone module, and received the same "Server not found" error message I've been getting for over a month at help.soe.com and any other Support url I attempt to load. I logged out of game, rebooted system & immediately got 4-404 error message from launchpad.exe which everyone else is reporting. I've played EQ since June 2000 with intermittent breaks, and just returned last month at lvl 91, where I was when I stopped the last time shortly after House of Thule went live. I've been a guide twice, participated in beta testing twice and been a loyal EQ player for over decade. When I returned this time, I found the exempt account I've enjoyed in return for the many contributions made during the years of game development had been transitioned to a "Gold" membership, with 1 year left on the account. It seems to me SOE is divesting itself of the original EQ and focusing on "Next". I haven't had any problems loading the forums or any other urls associated with the "new baby", and am quite disappointed at the treatment of a large body of loyal customers & players. The "failure to communicate" is simply adding insult to injury. The enormous amount of time people have invested in this MMORPG has made untold profits for SOE, and the least the company can do in return is treat us in a respectful manner unless we give reason to not do so. I am currently seriously considering upgrading my system to start playing EVE again, which I "dabbled" with during the early years of their development. Their tech and CS staff could give SOE people some lessons. The game demands quickly exceeded my system capabilities at the time, and I returned to playing only EQ. When new expansions placed increased demand on game play, I upgraded by building my own system with a quad-core intel processor which I knew would meet expected future demand. Devotion to a game only goes so far though, and if the ongoing situation regarding lack of attention and failure to respond to legitimate complaints continues I predict SOE will finally drive their devoted fanbase away once and for all. BTW, I'm still missing a "Ping's Palliative Potion Pack" from LoN loot card and still cannot connect to start a CS ticket to get them. 3 of 4 loot items were received in game, but not the "PPPP", which I have received previously on at least one occasion. Great job guys, way to inspire dedication and loyalty.
  16. SijandiStraightarrow Fold of the Black Talon / Lanys T'vyl

Thank you Lanadili, the work around works for me.
  17. weaselweaver New Member

thx for good communication, alex.
  18. Silvermink Lorekeeper

I can connect but I can't stay connected.
  19. Domition New Member

Back online...Thanks
  20. Gh0st75 Evangel

Gah, I received this error shortly after running some system updates in Ubuntu Linux, so i figured that had broken the Wine functionality for this game, as it had worked fine an hour earlier. I went and uninstalled the game and spent the afternoon backing everything up so i could format today and put windows back on. Glad to know it wasn't just me, I'll try reinstalling the game before giving up on Linux again.