launcher not working?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Damezza, Jun 28, 2017.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

well I got my folders back too working by 2 things
    1. deleting the Go to your EverQuest folder and find the LaunchPad.libs folder.
    2. I changed my Compatibility to Win 7 it was an older win
  2. Montaugia New Member

3. Koronu187 Elder

LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visithttps://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-503)

got this error, even tried uninstalling, and reinstalling still get it.

checked for windows updates, downloaded some updates, still not working!

Can we get a someone in here from Daybreak and fix for this? jesus Christ.
  4. Montaugia New Member

5. Oakleif New Member

aunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visithttps://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-503)

Been receiving this since the 4th. Windows 10 all updated. It takes me between 4-10 tries before launcher finally works.
  6. Nolrog Augur

This is what fixed it for me. I was running compatibility for Windows XP. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Changed to Windows 7 and it works fine.

Thanks Slash.
  7. Montaugia New Member

administrator did not work, compatability doesnt work, tried multiple times, still getting error message
  8. Faiythe New Member

Its been over a week since i could log in with the launchpad. I'm running windows 10. Anyone got any ideas? All i get is a swirly icon for about 2 seconds, then nothing :(
  9. Damezza Augur

The patchme work around still works for crossover but only if you already had the patch files, if not I can't figure out a way to get it running. Was thinking it's a do/vista issue as crossover instala a xp platform for running eq but even windows 10 players having a problem
  10. N'VekQ New Member

As odd as it sounds, this may be the problem. Because when I try to run launchpad, everquest.exe, or eqgame.exe, I get the following message repeatedly while the launcher tries to run...

LaunchPad.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    "The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameA could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" and then it goes to the login screen others have been getting that says "unable to connect."

Now, KERNEL32.dll is a Windows file, not an EQ file.

So, that means, at least in my case, my KERNEL32.dll is either not up-to-date, or is different from what EQ is expecting because another program is also using that file and altering it, so EQ can't find what it's looking for inside the library. So making sure your OS is all updated would be the first thing to check. I'm terrible about updating and have a million stacked up.

Otherwise, it would mean that DBG changed something in the launchpad code to now use an item inside KERNEL32.dll which is also used by another program already found on the systems of those having trouble. So we'd have to figure out what program(s) everyone having issues has installed along with EQ to see where that problem is! So if your system is totally up-to-date and there are still problems... that would be the case, which is not good.

Can anyone confirm the problem on a fully updated system?

There are clean versions of the standard Windows KERNEL32.dll available online. One could always back up their current one and try using one of those to see if it fixes the problem. Maybe EQ is looking for the default version and the KERNEL32.dll files of those having problems have been altered by another program. The problem there, of course, is that whatever program is sharing that .dll will now probably not work. That would be a way to troubleshoot the issue if the other program wasn't something majorly important or too obscure: If it's just another game or a common virus scanner or something. But say it's part of Windows looking for that file and you mess with it... eek. Or if you have a ton of stuff installed and it's something you rarely use.

So... gonna update everything overnight. Will see what happens. And will be sending this error message to DBG.
  11. Bigfan Augur

Gonna take a shot in the dark(you must have been away since May), you're on XP or Vista, or running vm with one of those 2.

Not supported operating systems is your issue, please see the files in my sig, or update to 7+.
  12. snailish Augur

On windows 8/8.1 not able to get any of the posted workarounds to work. I was able to get in game last Monday, don't believe I have since (and certainly not the 30+ times I have tried over the past 2 days using different methods suggested).

Part of my issue is I don't "see" things on my computer the way posters here are describing them (i.e., eq exe file) or it doesn't work (changing fields in shortcut properties is rejected).

I would love some clear communication about what is actually going on here, as it is clear from the volume of posts on this topic that it is not an isolated problem.
  13. Drakk New Member

Same thing for me, loading swirl then nothing - on windows 7
  14. snailish Augur

I finally got in... right after I set Internet Explorer back to defaults.

This was recommended deep in a help article found in the Daybreak link that comes up with the error message many of us have been getting.

Note that I don't use Internet Explorer at all.

*though when I did get in game, my gamma seemed broken (i.e., equipping lantern on a human monk at night made no difference in vision, and it was dark) --but I will have to see if that remains an issue next time I log in.
  15. Broozer Augur

Whoever pointed out setting the compatibility of launchpad.exe to Windows 7, thank you! This worked for me.
  16. Montaugia New Member

17. Jora New Member

I opened a ticket with Daybreak as Mepps (DB developer) suggested earlier on this thread to help the developers find the source of the problem. I got the suggestion below from DB. Anyone having troubles with the patcher please open a ticket with DB. DB is pushing back saying the problem is with my PC and not the patcher. Since I will not contact my service problem to set up my connection as a DMZ state (anyone knowing what a DMZ is would be confused on this request), they do not want to do anything else further to investigate the issue.

Using the workaround to bypass the patcher will not work after the next patch.
    _________

Ray C. (Daybreak Games)
    Jul 12, 12:27 PM PDT
    Please use this checklist and follow the directions below to ensure that your computer is set up correctly to use the Launchpad.
    · Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk then click on Ok.
    · Install all of your most recent Windows Updates. Our most recent launchpad version requires assets from the most recently available Windows updates package and will likely not run unless your operating system is fully updated.
    · Windows Proxy Settings: To adjust the Windows Proxy Settings, which the LaunchPad uses to connect,
    1) Click Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections Tab > LAN Settings > Uncheck anything under Proxy Server.
    2) Restart the LaunchPad and try it again.​

· LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again. Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478
    · Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software. Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217994457

Regards,
    Ray C.
    Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company

Ray C. (Daybreak Games)
    Jul 13, 8:19 AM PDT
    Hi,
    Please try bypassing your router by connecting your computer directly to the modem.

If the issue continues,
    Please try connecting the computer directly to the modem in a DMZ state. You may need to contact your ISP for assistance with such configurations.

Regards,
    Ray C.
    Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company

_
  18. Faiythe New Member

Did you do what they suggested, and did it work?
  19. Jora New Member

I tried everything that they suggested except for connecting my modem in a DMZ state and I am still unable to connect using the patcher.
  20. Jora New Member

I have been getting this error for a while. I have contacted daybreak support but they are pointing that the problem is somehow at my end. Can anyone help? I tried everything that they suggested (see earlier posts) and nothing seems to work.