launcher not working?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Damezza, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Drakonrose New Member

Is anyone working today or is everyone at Day Break Games on vacation!?????
  2. Ghaaruk New Member

The workaround is to change your shortcut to "C:\MyGameLocation\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme
    That should get you in until they fix the launcher.
    Corilleous likes this.
  3. Ewawa New Member

I am having this same issue with crossover for mac. Hopefully they fix this soon. Looks like a lot of subscribers are using wine/crossover to enjoy this game.
  4. Glorfindell New Member

Launchpad not even loading up when started. No patch, no nothing
  5. Makungie New Member

This is what i found that works for me. go Into you EQ directory, DELETE launchpad.exe , Then Rename Launchpad.exe.bak to launchpad.exe. and poof it loads. You have to do the everytime you log in. Im not sure why or How, but this fixes it.
  6. Corilleous Elder

^^^ this worked for me
  7. BlastingMofos New Member

Still not working, even the launchpad.exe.bak trick. It just reloads the Launchpad.exe.bak (or launchpad.exe) back up. I attempt the launcher again. Same black screen with small red Daybreak logo in the middle.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating these reports. For now, please open a ticket with our support team at http://help.daybreakgames.com so we can help troubleshoot.
  9. Makungie New Member

Why hasnt Daybreak Posted about this at all? this is annoying as hell
    Mepps likes this.
  10. Graves Elder

In the properties for the shortcut to launchpad, compatibility tab, turn of run in compatibility mode.

Seemed to work on my 2.
  11. Adagia New Member

I submitted a support ticket with the same following info. I made a temp shortcut that used "eqgame.exe" and "patchme" as described above, which did get me into the game. While at the character select screen, I ran the launchpad shortcut again, which suddenly worked. I then killed both instances of the game and tried launchpad again, back to the error. Hopefully that gives a clue to the fix.
  12. BlastingMofos New Member

Thanks, Graves, that got me to log in screen! And thanks to everyone testing stuff... and taking the time to post!
  13. Jalerian Elder

Is this in Crossover or Wineskin? I can't seem to find it in Wineskin. Is there a way to do this for Wineskin?
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I got an error and then checked "Run this program as an administrator" (right click desktop icon, Properties, Compatibility) and then it worked. It worked without this yesterday, so Daybreak did something.

Ok, this creates a new problem. I use some buttons on my keyboard as left and right mouse buttons (Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center) . Now that doesn't work.

Whatever they did, please change it back.

UPDATE: I went back to the EQ icon and removed the "Run this program as administrator" and it works and so does my mouse keyboard buttons. So all working fine now for me.
  15. Graves Elder

This is win 7
  16. Rikkish New Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled EQ and that fixed the problem for me
  17. Drakonrose New Member

I have been trying everything that has been posted. NOTHING!! I do not think I am getting the game to download to my skin!! I am getting pretty ticked off by this! I 3 box on my macbook. Can anyone help me figure this out please! I sent DBG a petition and got back bumpkiss. I run wineskin, any help will do!
  18. Grove Augur

I submitted a /petition as Mepps suggested above. I received a response from a techie almost immediately.

"Please try bypassing your router by connecting your computer directly to the modem."

And I replied, "I have no idea how to 'try bypassing your router by connecting your computer directly to the modem.
    (The hardware I cited is external.)"

There has been no reply to this. I have not tried to extract the .exc command out of the program. But I am seeing it being stated that is not working anyway.

It has been more than 24 hours since this glitch happened. I hope it gets resolved so that work-arounds are not necessary.
  19. Jalerian Elder

I have gotten Wineskin to work using the following based on avoiding the Laucher: This should work until there is an update for EQ. Browse to your Wineskin Package under applications, right click, show package contents, double click on the Wineskin app inside the package, click advanced, and insure that you are under the configuration tab. For Windows EXE browse to and choose the eqgame.exe. Enter patchme into the EXE flags field.

Cheers!
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i had this problem on one of my two computers.

how i resolved it:

right click shortcut, choose properties, go to compatibility mode. Uncheck run as administrator.
    Run the launcher.
    While ultimately, it still failed, this allowed my launcher to patch/update files.
    After it bombed out, I went through the same procedure and re-checked the run as administrator.
    Run the launcher.
    This time it connected.

After a day of trying to beat this into submission, it was a relief to get it to consistently load. hope it helps someone else.