Latency / Zoning times / crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nightmares, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Nightmares Augur

Since about the day that SOE opened TDS up for FTP i have been having an issue with Longer load times and/or possible crashes.
    I used to hit a zone line and I would see a message of zoning into new zone, and then screen goes to loading screen, this took about 5-10 sec usually. Since then that part takes up to 5 minutes, and has been no less than 2 minutes. about 1/10 of the time I crash to Desktop or get a message saying EQ crashed, window with chance to type what I was doing.
    My latency meter usually says anywhere between 97 and 123 ms usually, or up to 156 if zone is very active, and up to 350's if i am online for really long periods of time ( or in the Guild Lobby). Since FTP entered TDS I have seen it go from entering a zone ( between 100 - 350) to 5 min later at 800 - 888 and everything gets a bit choppy; all players and mobs, including myself, can jump around.
    It has even been an issue on Boats. When i got on board a boat to brother's Island I got into a loop and had to manually crash EQ. I would start zoning and when I finally zoned over, my screen would flicker and I'd be zoning back to Tempest Temple, I couldn't get off this cycle for about 1 hour, as I tried anything and everything to break it. ( I was already finished with BI and T2. I was headed to Degmar.) ( Mind you, this has only happened a couple of times, as i have friends port me over now and then when able to bypass this. However this needs to be fixed as it is a major problem)
    As for my System, no new programs have been added recently ( as in last 6 months), I even removed some to try to increase my connection for EQ by giving it less competition for bandwidth. In fact, nothings changed at all on my end except TDS was opened to FTP.
    And I have done all the Scans and fixed any and all problems ( meaning 1 directory register was off for a different program and that's it.)
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Login from character select to world has been particularly bad as of late. Didn't seem that long ago that it was <10 seconds, nowadays 1-3 minutes.

I also find myself avoiding PoK whenever possible due to long zone-in times.
    Nightmares likes this.