Late night lfg frustrations

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Aurastrider, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Aurastrider Augur

Over the course of a week I have seen several people lfg late at night and then get rather frustrated. Most of us who play during this hour have had to deal with this throughout the years but instead of getting angry in general chat we figured out a way to continue to play. So here are some tips for you late night lfg peeps who feel frustrated.

1. Find a guild if you already have not. This wont guarantee a group but you will start to form bonds with others which will open up more potential for grouping.

2. When you see others lfg send them tells. Compromise if the other person does not want to do exactly what you are interested in. Also consider grouping with players who are lower level than yourself but you both will still get xp. This at least gets the ball rolling.

3. Turn on newplayer channel so you can potentially find people that have not become all access. You might be the one to get them to sub and maybe you just found a new grouping partner.

4. Be willing to help lower level players. I know you worked hard to level up and want to jump right into current content but if you don't have a group to do it grabbing those lower level players and helping them pays off some times. Ask them questions regarding their intention to commit to the game and if their play time will change. Its senseless to PL someone who is going to switch their play time or quit the game but some of the greatest bonds I have formed in this game are through others helping me and me helping others.

5. Box... yes that nasty 3 letter word as some of you want to think of it but this is what a lot of us late night folks and even prime time hour players have turned to. We were once in your shoes and got tired of the endless lfg so we made our own.

6. Don't rant because you cant find a group. This is probably the most important. Nobody wants to group with someone who complains. If you are going to complain because I wont stop what I am doing to help you then odds are you are going to complain when we are grouped together.

7. Have fun and good luck. I know its not always easy to find a group. I can count on one hand the number of groups I got the first year when I came back to EQ after college and I am still here several years later.
    Grove, moogs and Kubi like this.