last stupid patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lordgrayhawk, Jan 18, 2018.

1. lordgrayhawk New Member

you did the patch that started this crap. now can patch after this fr****** mess. Put in 2 tickets THAT YOU PEOPLE DELETED and the third you are apparently ignoring. FIX YOUR F****** MESS OR I"M UNINSTALLING. Not going to pay to have sub time wasted as you turn your heads.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There are already several discussions regarding the patch, in the veteran forum.

Tickets are for solving technical problems, they are not for complaining.

If you have technical difficulties then feel free to post them here, otherwise join one of the already existing threads.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since you are not even stating what exactly you think is bad and a mess but only rant in general...
    Can we get this closed/removed please?
  4. lordgrayhawk New Member

5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Fair enough.
    Just to get the obvious out of the way: Are sure your everquest-folder(and its contents) is not write protected?

Have you tried deleting the steam_api.dll file and repatch?

I think the patcher has a "file-checker"-option(can't remember its name), try to run that.
  6. lordgrayhawk New Member

it is not write protected and can not find this file anywhere in the EQ folder (even did the unhide option)
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

8. lordgrayhawk New Member

as amid, clean boot(including shutting down firewall and antivirus)
  9. lordgrayhawk New Member

I did fun the file checker, got to this file and same error
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok try this - open task manager and end process on any Eq files or things that are running and try again. OR

Undo the recent windows update that also happened around the same time which was a forced update and is making EQ unplayable for many people.
  11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

(nm, part of the standard distribution)
    The problem is not with the patch though, but your client-side somewhere.
  12. lordgrayhawk New Member

well, just check the ticket and got no reply from daybreak other than marking it solved, do time to fix it once and for all and cancel my sub and uninstall. Thanks' guys for trying to help, you did better than daybreak.
  13. Zek_Shaman New Member

http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/51/bd5/3a5aa905b736303c7c928091893442a4291
    Hello All,
    From what I am seeing is a file that is trying to D/L with the patch called steam_api.dll .
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 6)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 7)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 8)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 9)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 10)
    *Error: Unable to write to A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/51/bd5/3a5aa905b736303c7c928091893442a4291. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    Checking game installation...
    Found 1 file(s) to update.
    Replacing steam_api.dll
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 1)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 2)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 3)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 4)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 5)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 6)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 7)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 8)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 9)
    *Warning: Unable to write: A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll (attempt 10)
    *Error: Unable to write to A:/Sony Online Entertainment/steam_api.dll - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/51/bd5/3a5aa905b736303c7c928091893442a4291. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    This is what is being put into the game validations window. What I cannot understand, is that all other upgrades and files have D/L without issue then it came to this one and it blocked it. I have gone in and set permissions and even found the dll and tried to add it to the directory as well as the system. Neither attempt worked. I have set permissions on files and still it refuses. I have disabled the anti-vius thinking that was the issue and no it was not.. How can this be remedied?
  14. Awesome X New Member

"A:/Sony Online...." ?
    If its really trying to write to drive A, you're going to have a problem. A and B are reserved for removable media, but can be assigned to your boot drive- however this will never be advisable since most software will be hard coded to look for C: first.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Khelban of AB New Member

Support got back to me (after some back and forth). The problem comes from Iolo System Mechanic. If you deactivate or uninstall this program and then just rerun the Patcher (Launchpad), you can get back in without any issues. I am not 100% but I think this may only be for Windows 7 users who have this software. I was told by support that they are working on an actual fix for this issue.

Hope this helps someone. :)