Last stand / Def stance

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by FixShamanPlease, Aug 12, 2015.

1. FixShamanPlease Elder

I understand they don't stack but is there any way to not remove the stance buff when using Last stand? I always forget to recast it!
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

3. Lianeb Augur

If you keep forgetting to reapply it just include it in a social with another disc use a lot.

For instance you could social both Stout Defense and Def stance or some other combo that you would use together regularly. Yes you will run into issues if you want to run another stance and Stout, but in that situation you can just hit each one independently. And yes you are going to end up casting Def Stance way more than you need to, but other than the 30s recast you will not lose anything other than being locked out of other stances for that 30s.
    FixShamanPlease likes this.
  4. FixShamanPlease Elder

Thanks Lianeb! Very good idea.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Dzarn has suggested he's open to replacing the proficiency system with something else. (post)
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

There is a line of text that occurs when the Last Stand discipline runs its course. You can set an audio trigger for "You return to your normal fighting style." so that you have a reminder to put Defensive Proficiency back on. This will also alert you to when your Anguish BP clicky effect has worn off.
  7. Zaknaffein Augur

8. p2aa Augur

When the proficiency was new, I was forgetting to click it back when defensive disc was down.

It's not the case anymore, all depend how much you play your warrior.

If it's a main, then by now it shall be an automatic thing. I try to use too flash of anger (when it's up and I don't need it in a short moment in the event) to close the gap between defensive down and the proficiency getting up (using flash is not new as I was using it too when swapping from Defensive Disc to Stout Defense line when the prof was not existing).