Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fuzzy, Oct 25, 2020.

1. seber Augur

I do ever day work find it not bug at all

just used real tank ,
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

This issue occurred most frequently on step 2. You are past that step and my post is not applicable.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I tried this quest with my main team (WAR/WIZ/RNG box) Breezed through it, as others have said. My other team, DRU/ENC/MAG, keeps getting stuck at either the 3 orcs or the last spawn point not updating when I arrive and kill the mobs. If it is the pet and/or merc tanks causing the problem, then any suggestion of just getting a real tank to complete it is wholly unacceptable. This should not be a bug a full year after the expansion goes live with a progression quest in the first zone.

I see people talk about quitting over some really silly reasons in these forums, but a bug in a required progression quest that isn't fixed or even acknowledged a year later is not a silly reason.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. Grove Augur

Yesterday, I was in a group that did this with ease.
    Druid, Druid, Cleric, Necromancer, Ranger (too young for task but added later), raid Warrior
  5. Kanez New Member

Hello all,

We have successfully completed this half a dozen times over the last few months for new guildee's. Been in parties with real tanks but also have done it with numerous pet tanks-Mage and NEC. In the last week or so however, we have not been able to complete it. The quest locks up at different points and does not update. This happens most often after slaying the three orcs and picking up their sigil, the final update will be to find the storm boars somewhere nearby. We go to the bridge area and find the three dire wolves and two storm boars. The quest will not update and stays frozen at that step. Reported this as a bug several times but with no acknowledgement etc.

Anyone aware of a work around so that 'new' characters can get the progression done?

V/r
    Kane

6. GoneFission Augur

7. Filter Augur

I had the same issue with this quest on multiple runs. I did it again recently with no problem but I understand the issue you're having. There was a trick that you just went to a different /pick and it just worked. Now with it being an expansion released last year there might not be enough in the zone to have another /pick. Hope there is for your sake.

Good Luck!
  8. GoneFission Augur

When do you change picks? Right after getting the task? Or after the updates start to fail?
  9. Filter Augur

When the updates start to fail or when you get to that part of the quest. I've done it both ways.
    GoneFission likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Show up to the fort, orc.. no update, pull orc out kill it, showing up updates, killing him updates.. that is wrong.

Bridge, show up, mobs spawn.. no update, kill 3 wolves.. no show up update.. kill giants.. hail giants to get them to attack .. kill giants.. no update.. loot drops... no updates.. try to turn in loot.. no updates.

this is jan 2023..

why isn't this fixed yet!?

You know how many thousands of dollares I have spent in this game since 2020 and this is still bugged?!

Right now I am helping 2 people that just started playing again, is this what we want for them ?

Like really ?? TWO years ago?
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The bugs with this quest have been "fixed" multiple times, but it always seems to break later anyway.

The biggest bugs are around the first orc & using anything except a player as tank, but I've ran into pretty much every bug that has been reported about this quest.

At this point you just have to reset the whole thing & restart with nobody else in the zone, and always use a player to tank everything, if a merc or pet gets aggro you will see it bug.
  12. Notinterested Augur

I have done ToV progression 3 times in the last couple months and had 0 issues with bugs or things not updating. Your first example is working as intended. You have to kill the orc that spawns in the giant hut for the update, thats how it works. The rest of it really sounds like you missed a step and just carried on thinking it would magically work.

My biggest issue has been idiot botters setting up on the quest mobs making them either harder or not possible at all.
  13. Neyi New Member

Just did this for an alt Friday night. Left alt at zone in. Pet tanked it all with 1 healer merc and had no issues on Xegony.