Last of the Storm Boars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gundolin, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Fredescu Augur

Is this still broken? We've tried a few times now and don't get the task update. Reading this thread, I'm guessing our merc tank is the issue. Does the fact that this is still this way four months after this thread was created suggest it's by design?
  2. Nadisia Augur

The quest is still bugged, for sure.
    I've done it last week for a friend's alt.
    Everything was fine, until the bridge step : one wolf was missing, so impossible to complete that step and engage the last giants.

I dropped the quest, restarted, and this time ... the orc wasn't even spawning in the giant fort ... :mad:
    Dropped it again, retried, same issue, 2 times in a row, even after disbanding/reforming the group.

I finally tried to use another /pickzone instance, and this time, it worked.

So on top of the pet/merc bug, this quest seems to have a lot of other scipt issues.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not that this will help the attempt you cancelled, but . . .

I just helped someone through this quest two days ago, and for whatever reason one of the wolves spawned on top of the ramp.
  4. Nadisia Augur

Yep, you're right Qbert, one usually pops on top of the ramp.
    But this time, one was really missing, not the one on top but one of the 2 in front of the 2 giants.
    Only 2 on track for my ranger.

Oh, and just to add on this step, because another friend got this problem : if someone else outside of your group is pulling and killing one of these wolves (by mistake, or on purpose, sometimes, groups are camping this spot for a named, often between the ramp and the coldain hut), you're fcked up too :confused:.
    You'll be able to engage the giants, get the last item, but the step will not update and your quest will be broken.

Most of the ToV quests are ok, but this one is really badly designed.