Last Ditch Class Selection Thread for Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Korzu111, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Korzu111 Elder

I thought, to help pass some time and also to get my thoughts in order, plus maybe enlighten anyone coming back who is thinking of what to play, that I would create this thread.

I did successfully get a second computer --- got EQ on it, got it all setup and ready to roll now. So I'll be 2-boxing from the start this time. First server since Ragefire/Lockjaw that I'll be boxing on now.

1) DE Mage / WE Druid --- I'm feeling set on this duo. Mage pets, nukes, and summons (bags will be nice because I'm not buying the $35 ones since I'm broke now after second computer). Druid buffs, heals, tracking, ports, SoW, plus good dots and nukes, too. PL potential for alts -- Mage has at least fire shield for other characters on the druid's account, and the Druid can PL the heck out of any character I make on the mage account.

I am thinking of rolling Dark Elf Mage and Wood Elf Druid. Play each one up a bit and meet in Commonlands around 5. This way, later on, I can port the mage to the SK Treants and solo them on the mage while kiting SK stuff on the Druid, or I can have the Mage kill Hadden, all without having the Druid necessarily take a huge faction hit.

2) Qeynos Mage / Glades Druid -- reasonably same starting location. On west-side of the Earth, so it might not be as crazy in terms of hundreds of people. Pretty good leveling path, actually (blackburrow, runneye, permafrost).

3) High Elf Mage / Wood Elf Druid -- Same starting area, same leveling path it seems I've always done.

4) Barb Shaman / Qeynos Monk -- Good duo, starting close, both good-aligned, west-side of continent.

5) Ogre Shaman / Freeport Monk -- Good duo, can meet up after a little bit. Master-race Shaman.

6) High-Elf Enchanter / High-Elf Cleric -- Part of me wants to try this duo. They're both a pain in the to level early on, so the bonus XP makes this a really good time to give it a go. Enchanter is what I played on Live back in the day, so that's always cool. I haven't played one since Live PoP.