Larnik the Recluse Feedback for Devs/GMs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valhala, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Valhala New Member

Hello and thank you for reading my petition. Many of Mangler warriors are stuck on the spawn named Larnik the Recluse whom happens to reside in The Eastern Wastes. As we all know, the mob only appears at certain times of night but once killed is on a 24-hour lockout for that zone, not given picks. Additionally, many of the “fake spawns” comprise on average 50% of these spawns. Hostility is rising between many guilds in lieu of kill stealing, warping, using show eq, and other methods individuals such as myself do not condone. The process of which the expansions release through my time on TLPs has always been a little washy, but mobs such as these that mimic live servers is not only misleading but unfortunate.
    I am requesting on behalf of all of warriors I ride along side with on this journey; is that this portion of the warrior 2.0 quest receives some attention. Is there anything the GMs can do to make for a more smooth and reliable game play? The vast majority and if not all 2.0 quests, especially on a TLP, have a 2 hour respawn timer. Thank you for your consideration but please do not reply back with the old standard of “Hail Norrathian, I am sorry but I am unable to inquire about quest specifics… etc..”. We are trying to get some very much needed attention towards a current and ongoing conflict within EQ in order to resolve problems at the lowest level. For now, thank you as the server waits for your response and take care!
  2. jeskola pheerie

This sentence seems out of place and irrelevant to the rest of your post, and I am confused by its purpose. If the idea is working class people don't have time for this, then the retirees you mentioned certainly do.
  3. Valhala New Member

updated.
  4. Xhartor Augur

I would recommend having your guild force EW picks. Just remember his spawn hours still apply.

Unfortunately you do have to deal with other noticing the pick and attempting jack it. I would recommend trying to get the pick to spawn shortly before before 7pm in game time, so that you have time get over near the Kael ramp with some guildies, so that you have the fire power to win any DPS race.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Just have your guild spawn a pick.
  6. Iyacc Augur

Spawning a pick works but does not guarantee he spawns, unfortunately. If they could just fix that part, I could deal with running a full raid force to an out of the way zone to help a guildie.
  7. Tankz Lorekeeper

Make sure you're walking. Have seen a 100% success rate with walking and a 100% fail rate with running.
  8. Kaegero New Member

Having 55 people (as I've heard is required) run out to spawn a pick at a specific time is a big ask. Not every guild has that many players that play outside of raid times consistently. I don't see why it can't be shortened to a more reasonable 2 or even 6 hour spawn time.
  9. Iyacc Augur

Most of the 2.0 epics are fairly easy already outside the need for a drop from the expansion end zone, so some of the easier ones have a mob or two with long or varied respawns. I would assume it's a "balance" thing.