Laima Ratgur Spawning since last patch?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tanise, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Tanise Elder

Spent almost four hours keeping that room clear and not a single pop. Just curious has anyone seen him since last patch?

4 Hours is a fairly decent sample for a 10 minute spawn with 3+ Phs. That's roughly 72 potential pops.

(Laima Ratgur is the dorf that pops in the back cave of the dorf mines in GD, same cave as used for the earring task.)
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You should average 1 spawn every 72 minutes, assuming you kill all placeholders within a minute … per Ngreth. The more placeholders, the less the individual chance you have from each … to keep the math right.

It's bad luck, but certainly not unheard of given RNG. One thing to consider … not all the placeholders may be in that room … Magelo doesn't have a map for the 21 kills listed. I know I've only seen it (twice) in that room.

I am starting to convince myself that the messing with named in the last full patch did something to the spawn rates of certain named. But I'd have to spend hundreds of hours at a camp before I had anything near statistical significance.
  3. svann Augur

I think someone mentioned in guild they saw it today. They did add "finally".
  4. Moege Augur

Took me 5 hours across 2 days, of course when I went back for the earring ore he spawned 2x...
    just random being well random
  5. Tanise Elder

Ok, just wanted to confirm. They had posted something about renaming Phs, and I wondered if he had gotten broken in the process. Lets face it, 3 hours with zero named, when you are killing the proper PHs, is a tad excessive in todays EQ.

He only spawns in that room/cave. I'd spawned him during the first month of the release, but he spawned as a murder hobo (had the aug equiped) and cleared my entire group in about 5 seconds.
  6. SelketSapphire Journeyman

Just wondering... Has this NPC been moved?

Have already killed it myself but trying to get it for a friend and it is not spawning.
    We have been here on 2 different days for over 4 hrs each time and have not seen it.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

nope. same spot as he ever was... killed 'em 5 or 6 times just 2 days ago while exping my earring. there's like 6 phs iirc? all in that same back room that's full of 115lvl dorfs.
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Killed it twice last night in about an hour.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I did this the other day, and I cleared the room twice. On the 3rd respawn he showed up.