Lag on AB since RoF

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LordJump, Dec 20, 2012.

1. LordJump Journeyman

I dont know if its been posted or not, but there is pretty bad lag for AB since the RoF launch. At first I thought it was just me...but then others started to complain about it as well. When raiding, its pretty terrible, a 5s server lagspike is just rotten.

I couldnt find a post about it (lag and lag on AB arent allowable search terms). My lag meter is always fine and never drops out, but there are still frequent drops, 5s in group game and longer in the raid zones. I cant be more specific other than to say its intermittant but felt by everyone when it hits.

Is SoE aware of this issue and what is being done to address it?
  2. jgray Developer

What zones are you experiencing this in? Also, were there specific days when it was especially bad? There was an issue that was causing serverwide lag issues on AB but it was fixed a couple days ago.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We were still getting it last night during the Shards Landing Raid.

I also got it yesterday afternoon while in Xorbb.
  4. jgray Developer

Ok. That makes sense. I don't believe antonius is suffering any pervasive lag problems currently but those are the two zones producing the most significant lag on all of the servers in the logs. I believe with shards landing it is mainly confined to the mission and the raid. Off the top of my head I'm unsure at to whether the xorbb issues are affecting the base zone as well. When I have a chance, I'll look into improving it.
  5. smash Augur

Afraid you mistaken about SL on mission/raid, it is same in the normal zone too.
    Starting a fight, then bit in it seems to stop for 5-10 sc then it continues.
  6. Aggememnon Elder

Can confirm that is it most pronounced in raids, but still present in the regular SL zone. In raid get pauses for up to 10 secs at a time, then again maybe 15 mins later or so. Really handy mid event, with mechanics such as exploding bombs...
  7. LordJump Journeyman

Shards Landing - both regular zone (prob due to the sheer # of people I assume) and raid instance.

Evantil the Evil Oak - even when the zone has 15 people in it there are periodic lag spikes lasting 3-5s every 7-10m or so.

I havent been in many of the other zones for very long much recently, so I cant say for certain how they are.
  8. jgray Developer

I'll cede to all of your actual in-game experience with this. Thanks for the replies. More info is always better.
  9. Gladare Augur

Sep 4 raid instance crashed yesterday on the rathe. I don't know if it's related but it has never happened before with us.
  10. Shillingworth Augur

We had much the same happening on Bertox server. Was in Resplendent Temple, Sepulcher, and City of Bronze working on gaining some much needed experience 4-5 days ago when I noticed it. I also heard guildmates complaining about it in various VoA and RoF zones. Whenever it occurred the net bar showed just as it normally did, but the game stopped updating NPC/PC positions, chat paused, and couldn't use any abilities. Very similar to how the game behaves when your going LD.