lag after kills?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by spoopy, Apr 20, 2019.

1. spoopy Journeyman

Multiple people in my guild and groups since the patch have been experience lag for up to 5 seconds after a mob dies. This only happens to 1 of my 3 accounts as well. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  2. MMOer Augur

This guy on reddit figured it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/bf5rzz/persistent_lag_in_lower_guk/elb364i/

Are you logging? Do you have NPC casting messages on? Are you running Microsoft's AV (Windows Defender in 10, Microsoft Security Essentials in previous versions)?
    If you answered yes to all three, what is happening is that whenever a mob casts the cleric buff center, your log will look like Mob begins to cast <center>. For whatever reason, this triggers the AV to parse your log file as HTML. If you have a multiple megabyte logfile, this can take a second or two even on a strong machine.
    The easiest solution is to add an exclusion in the AV for the directory in which your EQ logfiles live.
  3. THE KRIM New Member

how are more ppl not having this issue?
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Make an exclusion for the EQ folder (or at least the logs folder) in your Windows Defender or other virus program. Lots of people have been having this issue. However, the solution for it has been posted in 4 different threads for days now, as well as the solution being passed by word of mouth in guilds. In fact, there's another thread FOR THIS in the TLP Forums..... with the solution in it.