Lady Vox/Lord Nagafen-Live servers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Astalynn, May 17, 2020.

1. Astalynn New Member

Why, after all this time, are Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen still banishing on live servers. I understand the concept years ago when it was put into game, but now, when Live servers population consists mostly of level 85+ is it feasible to still have this restriction? Even though I am max level and can clear the entire zone in minutes. I find it very annoying when I come here to farm the more rare trade skill items to max my trade skills for my Artisans Prize and get banished when I happen to get into her 'safe bubble', the radius in which she can banish you is too large IMO, I don't even get close to her lair. I do know there are areas that she won't banish that can be farmed, but for the giant wolves and bears...that's a different story all together...

Tradeskilling has become more popular among players, I think, especially with the ToV earring now, to me it seems all high level players are maximizing TS's just for this reason alone.
    I totally understand these are the original dragons in EQ, but it's not like they don't ever respawn if killed, I can't recall respawn time, but it can't be worse than any other dragons in game now.
    Just looking for feedback from other players, and dev's to hear responses.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

EQ nostalgia. Plain and simple. Given the changes to EQ to reduce the nostalgia over the years, I'm okay with this one.

BTW, you have to have zero skill in your farm character to aggro Vox. She does have a large aggro radius, but the zone has a ton of mobs that are nowhere near her aggro radius. Spend 5 minutes to learn where her aggro radius is and … avoid those mobs. And there's nothing wrong with Naggy.

People have been farming Permafrost for decades(!) and have been doing fine.

P.S. Most high levels boosted their tradeskills for the various shawls/aug and then spent a ridiculous time on them for the Artisan's Prize. The only folks who are doing tradeskills for the ear are the recently created toons or the lazy ones that realized there's so much power in the full quest (power sources, great type 7 aug, type 18s and 19s) plus the ear itself, that they could no longer justify not doing tradeskills.
    Annastasya and Duder like this.
  3. Pawtato Augur

So much judgement in one post, Judge Dredd would be proud.
    Funky, Annastasya and Velisaris_MS like this.
  4. enclee Augur

Tradeskills suck and there’s not a noticeable difference between having whatever their dumb reward is and not having it.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Make some lvl 51 alt Twinks and kill them before you farm. I have one that can molo Naggy, Vox gives him a little trouble though. I've been meaning to make a 2nd to try and box Vox just haven't really had a need to, I'm pretty sure there are others who can molo Vox as well, I just didn't make a good class to do that with.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Take a char level 51 or lower with your 115 tank merc, mark yourself as puller and let the low level char agro her, it dies pretty fast as it doesn't recognise the merc level it doesn't get banished.A heal merc will work as well, but tank merc is faster.

Gets her out of the way when you want to play with the bears underneath her.
    Annastasya, svann and code-zero like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What was annoying I was doing hunter and was in the same room as naggy. my ranger had it hunter target as was bout to get instant kill but as soon as I shot I was banished. Was worse yet I had to wait like 3-4 days b4 someone killed naggy.

Andarriel
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just do the MM for Naggys Lair from Mackenzie in PoK, all named need killing in it and you are guarenteed to get all named in 1 shot, including Naggy
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

thanks for the info don't care for mm's though. now if I could just get vaniki!

Andarriel
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

OP does raise an interesting question though.

Is the level restriction reasonable on live severs? Does anyone actually like that particular mechanic?

Is there any reason to let it stay?
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

They can't make changes to Live or TLP without it pushing to the other. So it stays because it's needed on TLP. They are not separate, which is why every time they fix some *potential exploit* on TLP the Live stuff gets screwed too.
  12. Password1234 Augur

My understanding is that the level restriction was put into place to allow lower level guilds to have raid targets, because higher level guilds would easily take out Vox and Nagafen for whatever loot was still relevant for them.

TPLs have AoCs, which should eliminate the need for competition for open world raid targets like Vox and Nagafen. Plus, the expansions come much more quickly, reducing the amount of time their drops stay relevant and force guilds to move on anyway.

On live, players pass level 50 so quickly that I can't imagine any "low level" guilds existing in that level range. I don't know that the level cap on the dragons is relevant anymore.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it's really not relevant on live. but again, can't make changes to live that you need on TLP..
    it's one of the limiting issues.. and really, 99% of live no longer cares either.
  14. Password1234 Augur

My point is that it isn't relevant on TLPs either because AoCs exist. It isn't relevant anywhere, period.
    Astral64 likes this.