Lack of Double xp/sc

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stickietoes, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Stickietoes Augur

Why hasn't they're been much Double Experience and Station Cash this year? other then the "buy a card at 7/11, ebgames" and such? hopefully Halloween. Transferred a character to another account and lost merc slots, don't want to buy the same thing full price again :/
  2. Duhbeast Augur

They normally occur during holiday extended weekends such as Labor Day and Memorial Weekend.
  3. Nolrog Augur

There was double XP a month ago over Labor day (US holiday, first Monday in September.)

There was double XP over Memorial Day (May 24-27).

They did double SC on the 4th of July (double XP then too.)

Just to name a couple.
  4. Stickietoes Augur

Weren't those Special station cash card days though?

Anyways, last year or two, they did it a lot often then now.
  5. Koutarou Elder

There hasn't been a universal double SC in quite some time, only ones for certain branded ones.
  6. Nolrog Augur

The only SC I listed was the July 4th, and that looked like it was all. The others were bonus XP.

They do the specific stores to keep cards moving from that retailer so they have a reason to stock them (retailers don't want to carry things at don't sell.)
  7. Siddar Augur

I would say the current lack of double SoE SC sales will cause the cards to pile up in stores allot longer.
  8. Stickietoes Augur

Ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

They just had a big bag sale that ran for around 3 weeks. Normally they'll run a sale near Halloween & then either double xp or double sc or both over Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas & New Years. Keep an eye on the sites & try to plan ahead & you'll be able to take advantage of the awesomeness. All things considered I think they do a pretty good job of promos/sales, double xp & double/triple SC.
  10. Qualzek Augur

Should be a bonus ..... Game is already easy and meant to be played at normal exp ..,.. Just be happy soe gives ya any double exp ..... And I'm sure next holiday weekend will be double exp as usual
  11. Geroblue Augur

That would be this weekend, Columbus Day. But more likely Thanksgiving weekend.
  12. Goranothos Augur

How about letting us trade in some of the more useless Vet Rewards for Extended Lesson of the Devoted? Extend it an additional 30 minutes for every Vet Reward we trade in.

Don't know about you but I can't remember the last time I popped Servant or what's that one with the little guy who follows you around and tells bad jokes?
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Stickietoes Augur

I don't care much for the double xp, most the time I can't even play long enough of the weekends it has it on :(.
    Doigh likes this.
  14. Jitar Elder

I just wish they could give every char vet rewards but you only get the ones you have the time for. I have so many chars I never play anymore locking my vet rewards.
  15. Zantor Augur

I have noticed that there is a lot less double XP / SC this year compared to last year. I could care less really but for PLing a new alt or such, but I know a lot of people that want it just to be able to get 1 toon to 100, got several old time friends that just came back playing after years off. I know they would love it.
  16. Tarrin Augur

One thread we say its horrible people can start at 85 if they pay money.

Another thread we bemoan not having more chances for double xp to PL friends/boxes.

Double xp are fun weekend events, I have nothing against em and wouldnt mind more. Just thought it was interesting. I love forums!
  17. Zantor Augur

Some people are never happy and they feel just cause they not want it or feel it is irrevelant that it has to be for others as well. If they not like it then they not have to do / use it and stop trying to ruin it for the rest that do want it.

I know I want my friends that came back recently to stick around and not quit cause they feel it isn't worth it to get to 100 with lack of groups or slow XP and such.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There has been little double SC, and it's been a long long time since triple SC.

I would guess (strongly) that such decisions are made by upper management based on how much money they think they can make. It is unlikely the people who make such decisions read these forums or listen to the SOE employees who do.

Double XP, however, is something that most likely can be handled at the level of the Devs / Producer of EQ. It may or may not be coming for Thanksgiving, but I would strongly assume that Christmas will be double xp.

They usually announce it the night before, either because they can't make a decision (President Skroob) or they find that keeping secrets is fun (for them, not for us).
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Double exp and double rares please!

Double SC I'm not bothered about, but I guess we haven't seen much of it as it affects other SOE games as well, Wasn't Planetside 2 designed to buy a lot with SC? Which could be why we haven't seen so many double SC.

Can't see a reason why we haven't had double exp and rares though.