Kunark Meat Pie and Smoothie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strumph, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Strumph Augur

Both the Kunark Meat Pie and Kunark Smoothie require 3 dropped items to make and each successful combine gives you 1 item. And these items only drop off RoS mobs. Compare that to the Merchant's Feast and Brew where they only require 1 dropped item, which drops off mobs over several expansions and each successful combine gives you 3 items.

It would be nice if combine gave you more than 1 item for each successful combine, at least 3 if not 5. Some of the items are difficult to farm as the quantity of mobs are limited (smoothie components mainly). I killed cactii in OT for 14 hours last weekend and got about 70 succulent fleshes in that time. So if the kill and drop rate are the same for the other 2 components of the Pies then I'll have to spend another 28 hours getting 70 of each. There are a lot of other things I would rather do to progress my character, but I do like having good stat food/drink.
  2. Cicelee Augur

People don't force feed food anymore?
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. svann Augur

I agree that its way more 'expensive' than previous food/drink, but it can be managed. Keep a stack of cheap food and drink in one of your last bags and make a macro with
    /commonlyusedability
    /useitem cheapfood
    /useitem cheapdrink

That way every time you use that attack it will also force feed using the cheap stuff. Never forget again.
  4. EnchFWO Augur

The fact that this is even a "thing" is ridiculous in the first place. If they are going to allow such a stupid mechanism to exist like this for years they might as well just go ahead and make a 'food/drink' inventory slot for stats a la keychain mentality.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Shrug. Been in the game since what, 1999?

I agree it is silly. But it is there, and I would guess 99% of players take advantage of it. Maybe 98%...
  6. EnchFWO Augur

I don't remember stat food existing then and it would actually be counterproductive to "force" consumption since food/drink affected regen so it would actually be the opposite of force feeding at that point in time.

And as we all have seen... just because something has existed for 10, 15, 19 years doesn't mean it can't/shouldn't be fixed.

Personally I'd love to see an end to "force-feeding". Completely trivializes the point of implementing special TS food/drink items in the first place.
    Jumbur likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

True point. Not sure when stat food came into place. However you could always click food and drink to consume it IIRC...
  8. Brohg Augur

On the upside? probably when it's fixed then power sources will get to stack, too
  9. ptah Augur

OK.. for smoothie drops this is what I do. Special thanks to BB for showing this area to me. Bastard love yo.
    HS
    Reka camp. corner next to golem. 3 rooms of 5 mobs 3 pathing roamers 20 min cycle time and golem is a bonus banger. 19 mobs 20 min cycle time.. and a named of the.. of the.. I forget the white and blue dresser mobs name..artisan? I don't recall.

mix of ecto, slime, bone and golem drops.. if you cant do that big of a clear.. start with 1 room and roamers.. learn pulling, pathing, etc.. and build up to next room.

Like still is what I do.. if 2 boxing.. mob get to 25%.. I'm auto finishing of that mob with assist from mercs.. and working the next pull. I use a bard.. and HoS.. with mix of single target mez/snare with fade toggle works for me. I mezz undead and work the fade friends first.. often room 1 1 mob.. room 2 1 mob.. back to room 1 second mob etc.. and tag a roamer when its around.

Small chance of roamer spawning on top of you.. but you learn to deal with it. not all needs to be single pull.. 2 is fine.. mez 24 s.. melody.. remezz melody.. remezz etc as needed.

if I'm in a higher dps group.. its tank pulling and AE mez as a supportive roll vs single bangers if I'm just me.

Yes the material are a grind. 100% agree.. but its a mega nice drink.. so I'm ok with xp camps for matz farming mega stat food/drink.. bonus with em19/spells etc. Overall pretty happy.

Now to the meats.
    Goro.
    Lizzy lizzy lizzy
    2/3 the way back to lava at the lava lizzy ph spot.
    6 spawn cycle. 1 easy pos could repeat cake mode.. but what do I do for 19m
    2 more across the way.. 1 on edge 1 in lava
    up the lava 1 more in lava
    1 more on pathway of lava right and left side near bridge.

if you out grow this 6 cycle add in some pathing sanarkies and dawgs.

Welcome to yell at underground agro and pathing.. I do it daily.

the above is active xp camps for the food and drink matz.

Secondary option is setup a barter buyer and figure the rate of return for your server.. Its a passive option to camp matz as you sleep and burnout of rando non drop sessions.

Have fun and enjoy it.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

To be fair both fresh meat and natural spices are rather uncommon and if someone was going to try and farm them specifically it would probably be in an old world zone mass killing as much as possible. The fact that you have gotten as many drops as you have in that amount of time for what I can only imagine is not a huge amount of mobs would also indicate that the drop rate of these items is much better than fresh meat and natural spices unless someone knows of some hot spot I am unaware of. I currently have about 300 fresh meat saved up from about a two year span. I have used some also but during this time period I have slaughtered easily hundreds of thousands of mobs if not into the millions. So even if the ROS combines do require 3 drops and the return is only 1 vs the merchants the drop rate on these items is significantly better. That does not even account for the fact that you are getting xp and a slim chance as it may for chase loot or other valuable items.