Kunark Instances & Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Tulgin Augur

The main problem is time and money. To even think of fixes for the keying issue requires team meetings etc, that DBG simply don't want to use on such a small problem.

Easiest solution is to ignore the problem and pretend it doesn't exist. Not many accounts will be lost over this and we'll soon forget it once Velious opens.
  2. Slambit Journeyman

true tulgin, would require time/money pulled away from h1zi and landmark
  3. bodes Augur

Nobody said anything about claiming the camps before the pick opens, but you and Squeesh both jumped to that conclusion. You made the absurd suggestion that new picks would only benefit your guild and not others so I just wanted clarification on if AOS would cooperate with other guilds for mutually reducing this bottleneck or not. The attitudes you've both displayed in this thread make it pretty clear what the answer is.
  4. Pikallo Augur

My argument about new picks being of benefit to AoS was simply in response to the guy who thought that somehow the server was all of a sudden going to be a rainbow fairy land in terms of "coming together" to spawn more instances. Of course spawning new instances will be a good thing for everyone. All I was saying that is I know that AoS would take full advantage of whatever available picks are open, regardless of who spawned them.
  5. Imdead Augur

I agree, more accounts will be lost from people burning out lvling 51-60 with these xp rates
  6. Tulgin Augur

I logged in to check my guild today, there's more than a dozen abandoned accounts around level 46. I guess they got burned out, I wonder how many more will be abandoned around level 55 ish.

Casual's shouldn't get to raid, not only that, they shouldn't get to play. Casuals should go play WoW, no really, it's better.

EQ is a super easy game with little to no tactics, perfectly designed for casuals, Yet the amount of time required to achieve anything is designed for the hardcore. It's a strange situation. It's like going to watch Grandmaster Chess tournament, but they aren't playing chess, they are playing Hungry Hippos. But everyone's taking it super seriously.
    Rhiyannon, Dox223 and Finley like this.
  7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Except you did.

To steal something it has to belong to somebody else. Therefore you're assuming that if several guilds show up in LOIO to spawn picks nobody should interfere or else it would be stealing? Please.
  8. Finley Augur

Honestly I don't know why you have a problem with that. If 50 people showed up and spawned an instance that wouldn't otherwise exist I'd feel like a huge tool if I took the mob they wanted.
  9. GrugSA Augur

If you spawn another pick with 50 and stick 1 person in the pick to keep it open forever it would take another guild 100 to spawn a pick of there own, then 150 and so on. Thus making your suggestion unfair.
  10. GrugSA Augur

They had the time and money to do it with raid bosses on TLP. No reason they can't increase spawn rates for VP key mobs and Epic bottlenecks like Marl and Verina.
  11. Linya New Member

Edit: just saw a similar suggestion... Didn't read whole thread first :)
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

This is about as asinine as claiming the named in a fresh pick of guk because most of the people in the existing picks were from your guild. Come to think of it, anyone doing efreeti should be feeling "like a huge tool" every time my guild spawns them a couple picks of solb from doing naggy. That wouldn't describe you or anyone in your guild, right?
  13. TLP_Lover New Member

Phini server where everyone can have what they want if they whine about it enough....

Seriously, are you all gonna start complaining about Sleepers Tomb now also since a lot of folks wont see that zone either....its how EQ was made. EQ is not made so everyone gets the same piece of the pie...
  14. Dox223 New Member

Pretty sad that you seem to derive some sense of worth from knowing not everyone can enjoy 15+ year old content.
  15. Dox223 New Member

Love it. Hungry hungry Hippos. Grown men love their Hippos
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

For how long do I have to wait before i'm allowed to enter that zone you graced the server with and not be considered a tool? An hour? A week? Until you decide? You're going to say for 1 mob spawn. There are records of AJ taking 30+ hours to spawn. How is that going to work?
  17. Vaclav Augur

You do realize that ST will probably have many times more people accessing it than normal here even with it's key quest, right?

Many of the people asking for VP key to be tweaked want it to be something along the lines of ST key for crying out loud.
  18. Storytimebros Elder

19. bodes Augur

I simply used the phrase "steal the camps" and offered no detailed scenario. You took that simple phrase and imagined this grand narrative of pick claiming and camp entitlement yourself. If you want to get upset at all these fictional scenarios that you yourself dreamt up then go ahead, but leave it off the boards.

To me "steal" means people are already there actively killing placeholders or waiting on the ground spawn and another group comes in and starts DPSing the named or crowding the ground spawn. If you think about how your guild treats HBC camp or Efreeti lord it might be easier to understand what most people consider "stealing a camp". Seems pretty clear we can expect you all to treat VP camps the same despite the fact that cooperation would get everyone (including you) into VP faster, which is a shame.
  20. Tulgin Augur

LOL, theres no camps when it comes to VP key parts. Just because someone is sitting on a ground spawn doesn't make it theirs. Whoever clicks fastest wins.