Kunark Instances & Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 2, 2016.

1. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

The concept of having a guild claim a mob just because they showed up to spawn another pick is utterly ridiculous. Also AJ is not a "camp" he roams around the zone and has several spawn points according to Zam. By your logic, if a guild shows up in South Karana to spawn another pick and then some dude shows up and kills Quillmane he's a baddie? What about Ancient Cyclop? Get a grip.
    Venthos likes this.
  2. Finley Augur

I do think if 50 people from another guild showed up with the sole intention of spawning another pick to get a mob I would back off it. Their claim is that it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them. Obviously there is no rule to protect their mob.
    Rhiyannon and Agrippa like this.
  3. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Claiming the contents of a pick because you got 50 people to run there is pretentious and absurd, nor is it within the spirit of why they added pickzones to begin with.
    Venthos likes this.
  4. Tulgin Augur

I don't think anyone can seriously suggest that a guild can 'claim' a pick. If a new pick is spawned it helps everyone in the long run. Even if it means you gave 10 picks to AoS or whatever they are called.
  5. Finley Augur

Ya I don't think it'd be right for them to have a claim to the spawn for the duration of that instance; but I'd certainly let them have the first one if they're doing the work to get 50 people together. That is just the type of person/player I am. Obviously there are many people on this server who do not want to work together or respect other players; which is why the suggestion that we'll just kumbaya these bottlenecks out of existence is laughable. Daybreak should be coming up with the solution, not the players.
  6. yerm Augur

Anyone who feels a pick is only useful for the instant gratification of getting the spawned mob/item immediately is being very shortsighted. Anyone who worries that AoS or whoever are just going to hog the pick first is also being shortsighted. More picks means more keys which means people who are prone to hogging them are done faster and also more opportunities to grab a camp for one even before that. So you spawned 4 new picks and the bloodgill marauder got sniped in each of them before you could grab it in the spawned instance - so what? There are now 5 bloodgill marauder respawns coming down the pipeline rather than 1.

Personally, if someone does something like camp AJ and sell the key multiquest, I won't be thinking of it as extortion... I'll call it a wonderful and friendly service!
  7. Hirbow Augur

What else do you want , do you want a full bag of VP gear also that you can buy from the eqstore? This is everquest deal with it. There will be many instances of each zone creating more key loot drops.

There has to be some type of competition to reach the best geared dungeon in the game. Is a free Trakanon not enough for you each week?
    You don't have to access VP in 84 days .. surprise surprise IT WILL BE STILL THERE AFTER LUCLIN COMES OUT...
  8. Vaclav Augur

There's a couple nice pieces - but that statement is LOL-worthy. A bunch of VP drops, I'd dare say the majority are junk to sidegrade quality level.
  9. Finley Augur

Is exclusivity is important to you can't you just play on Lockjaw or Ragefire where instancing isn't happening?
    Rhiyannon and Shadowslain like this.
  10. Pikallo Augur

I'm not saying that I would personally. Not all members are like that, myself included. But the reality is, is that if there are picks of a zone - regardless of how they were spawned - people are going to attempt to get in and camp what they want/need.

Just because you claim to spawn a new pick, doesn't give you rights to that zone. If I were sitting at the ground spawn in Kaesora and I saw a new pick pop up, I'm absolutely going to try to pick in and grab it. On the other hand, if I saw a new pick of DL or TT open and I picked over and saw someone already at Pained Soul or Rotting skele, I'm not going to steal or KS - but if I got there first in a freshly spawned pick, I'd take the camp if it were open, regardless who claims to have spawned the new zone.
  11. Kahna Augur

Actually, no, I don't want competition with other players. Kind of why I came to the server with competition free instances. There isn't any competition now to access the best geared dungeon, won't be any in Velious. Don't see why it has to exist in Kunark. I would rather test myself against the mobs. And sure, VP will still be there when Velious comes out, and everything in it will be just this side of worthless because it will be outdone by Velious gear, so why would anyone bother doing it after the era is over.

BTW <3 the you want free loot from the station store just because you don't want player competition argument, because of course not wanting competition on the server that was designed to be free of competition means I want free loot. *insert eyeroll here*
    Rhiyannon and Finley like this.
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

In order of importance, I play on Phinigel for:

1) 84 day no vote unlock
    2) No mass boxing
    3) Instances

The load balancing and instancing has already done plenty to accomodate people that are impervious to human interaction. I was actually hoping they wouldn't require keys for the instanced version just so the people who wanted to do the open world and the key traditionally wouldn't be subjected to the whining that has become the standard around here.
    SqueeshSqueesh likes this.
  13. Finley Augur

I actually thought up a pretty good idea. Why don't they just make it so you need Trakanon/Venril flag to spawn Veeshan's Peak, but also the instance isn't available until the open world version has been completed? This would allow both camps to essentially get what they want.
  14. Pikallo Augur

Just pointing out that of the few useful items that DO existing in VP, most remain useful throughout Velious.
  15. Pikallo Augur

I could be wrong, but I really think that DBGs stance is that the quest itself is here to stay as a sort of iconic part of the Kunark expansion. If anything, they would simply remove the key requirement for instances or leave it in. They aren't going to create some random flagging requirements.

I'm not saying it is a good or bad idea, I'm just saying I'd be more than willing to bet it will not happen.
  16. Finley Augur

I honestly forget, did we need to kill the dragons in classic to spawn planar instances? I thought a flagging system of sorts was already in place.
  17. Pseudofate Augur

I think Nag/Vox/Phin opened The Hole
  18. bodes Augur

You clearly did not play in the early days of live when players had to work together to figure out quests and mechanics, particularly epic quests. Yes even cross-guild. You represent the laziness of the WOW-generation.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Even EQ camaraderie like that broke down well before WoW. Luclin and PoP were basically devoid of such.

So if "laziness of the WoW-generation" started in your mind 3-4 yrs before WoW release...
  20. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Honestly all of those ideas are kind of bad. The only 2 fixes I think woiuld be ok to implement would be either increasing the spawn rates of the required mobs or decreasing the number of people to spawn additional picks of the zones they reside in. That's all. We don't need no fancy flagging system or what not, and the quest definitely needs to stay. While I agree that this particular key quest looks pretty terrible (I have never done it myself) I think it would be a mistake to remove it altogether as it could set a precedent for future key quests.
    Rhiyannon likes this.