Kunark Instances & Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Finley Augur

I'm specifically talking about popping an instance for a mob/groundspawn that spawns on zone pop. You would have to wait 0 seconds. If they got lucky enough to get AJ to pop immediately, give them the first one. Then behave as you normally would.

The zone wouldn't even exist if they didn't come out, I don't understand why it is so difficult to let them have first crack.
  2. Tulgin Augur

Unless all picks are empty, technically everyone is helping to spawn that new instance. So no one deserves the first spawn or whatever.
  3. Finley Augur

Again... if you bring 50 with the sole intent of spawning a new pick is the scenario we're talking about. It's cool to just disagree with the principle. I'm a patient person who cares about how other people experience the game, I can easily back off a fresh spawn other people triggered and wait. I don't expect everyone to play like this, though the server would be a better place if they did!

I know from experience that many people do not feel this way, they are unwilling to work with others or consider other people even in the slightest. I don't expect any TLP server to function as a cooperative collection of guilds; which is why Phinigel is such a nice place.
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

The load balancing system wasn't designed to give you the ability to spawn your own personalized content on demand, it's a side effect of a system which people choose to abuse. You've conflated your own entitlements with the actual reasons load balancing was even introduced and it's extremely apparent based on your thread whining about being able to force your own picks open.

No matter how much time to spend here being passive aggressive about it, no one you actually need to convince is going to have their play time in an open world game dictated by your faulty moral compass.
    Venthos, Ducreux and yerm like this.
  5. Pikallo Augur

I would think(hope) that if you were coordinating an effort to spawn an additional instance, you would have the foresight to have someone already at the ground spawn/static spawn before bringing in your force. Unless someone is actively checking the zone population, you should be able to be in a position to get the first ground spawn/mob since you know when the zone should be popping. Doesn't really seem like much of an issue to me.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Considering it's well known that "certain programs" will catch a ground spawn before it visually appears to any players or targeting with an autofire macro at the right spot spamming U will beat humans 99% of the time unless the person is experiencing horrid lag - are you suggesting that people try to use programs we've been instructed not to on this server? For shame.
  7. Lexithefaceless Journeyman

It astounds me that so few people can grasp this concept.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's a good thing that the folks that can only download programs won't have access to custom compiles. I guess if they can't out click an afk guy perhaps they need to pony up some krono... haha
  9. GrugSA Augur

Only 1 way to get ST key and it doesn't require Zlandicar to be up. Also, Zlandicar is probable gonna be instanced so, he is guaranteed up once a week.
  10. Tulgin Augur

Are you implying that you and your entire guild are going to be using a combination of M Q and autofire programs? Reported.
  11. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Have you ever done the VP key quest on a TLP server? Just wondering.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It conflicts with their "wuah I want it now" mentality, so selective hearing mode gets enabled. Not that astounding imo ;)
  13. Vaclav Augur

TLP-wise on Sleeper and Vulak... Sleeper it wasn't much of an issue though - but Vulak there was a SoNH bot in full force destroying things before they'd even appear on screen to me with 110ms pings usually. (East Coast)

And of course forums quoted it was happening on RF for a bit too....

Previous to TLP I'd not touched it however. My serious raiding (I'd raided a little bit with open raidish stuff and at friends houses playing their chars before that) started in Velious, when it wasn't worth the effort.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Negative. Current stance of the guild if this doesn't change is that we'll likely not bother. At least that's my take, as a standard member.
  15. Realitycheck Elder

They see me Rollen...
    TowerDefense likes this.
  16. Ducreux Augur

Some dank references in here.
  17. Moonii Elder

Really hope DBG will reconsider the VP key, or at least do something for the key pieces.
  18. Miss Shortcake Elder

Judging by all their other flip-flops, including the latest exp one, I would wager a guess that 18 days before Velious launches, they will change the keys.
  19. Angered Augur

The VP key is going to be an extreme anti-fun experience for everyone! Instead make the VP expo only requestsble when X guild has killed all raid targets minus VP! This way it will allow guilds to progress at a sane and fair process! You can lower the spawn times if your not able to do this!! This is 100% insane!
  20. -wycca Augur

I don't think anyone is looking forward to the VP key quest.

That being said, while progression would be sorta neat to require, none of the raid mobs are very difficult once you get levels. In many ways, classic raid content is harder when it's current.