Kunark Instances & Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey all,

I've seen this pop up in a few threads. I wanted to start a post, and provide one place for people to have a conversation on this topic.

Kunark instances are currently on the test server. While there's still some work to be done on these, they're on track to be ready when The Ruins of Kunark unlocks on the Phinigel server on Wednesday, March 2, 2016. We're looking at the Kunark unlock happening around noon PST, and we will confirm that time as we get closer.

The Veeshan’s Peak key WILL be required to access Veeshan’s Peak… regardless if you do the open world version of the zone or the instance. The Veeshan’s Peak key will be required to request an instance for Veeshan’s Peak, and to enter a Veeshan’s Peak instance.

I appreciate those of you who noticed that these instances were added to test at the end of last week, and have already provided feedback on this content!
    ElaidaTL and Tudadar like this.
  2. Tudadar Augur

Thanks!

Vp key requiement is definately interesting. So seems people wont be able to skip keying in any expansion and will need to put the time in. It shows the instances are here to provide access to content and not a easy way out.
    DaedorAlive likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

Is there going to be anything done to address the VP keying situation? Or will it remain as is? Keys will be in much higher demand on this server, and it seems silly to not qualify for a raid instance because you didn't click on a ground spawn fast enough.
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

At this time there are no plans to change the Veeshan's Peak key quest.

Just like on previous servers, the team knows that the demand for the items required for a VP key will be pretty high when Kunark unlocks, and these spawns will become more available as players get keyed for Veeshan's Peak.
    DaedorAlive likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Any tweaks to the VP key quest planned to make it more manageable with the massive interest it will likely garner?

I'm happy to hear a key will still be required from a "achievement" standpoint (keyless doesn't feel like something "earned") - but the challenge to the original key is quite rough with a good number of points prone to allow people to try to block others from keying - both by legitimate or illegitimate means as was JUST seen on RF/LJ not very long ago.

Again, I'm super happy to see keying will still be a thing - but concerned about potential drama on what's been a relatively drama-free experience should people be motivated to mess with others.
  6. Kahna Augur

With the spawn time of AJ being an average of 8 hours there will be roughly 250 VP keys that are obtainable in era. There are 7ish raid guilds currently raiding in era content. If each guild needs roughly 75 keys each, to allow for a raid force of around 50 per raid (it is a casuals can raid server) then the server needs approximately 525 keys. The demand for VP keys will not decline during Kunark raiding. Again, what is the point of having the lovely instance if no one can get a raid force in it because a single component has roughly an 8 hour respawn timer.

The whole draw of instances was you got to avoid competing with others players. Now we have to compete with other players so we can have an instance where we don't have to compete with other players?
    Grish and Agrippa like this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

The problem with that is we had threads on these very forums of people going out of their way to continue to kill bloodgill marauder and destroy the key piece in Swamp of No Hope (and perhaps other "long spawn" parts I know I heard the stories of those two) for weeks at a time of the same people, with no intent other than to grief other players out of the potential to key.

Now hopefully with instancing the motivation to will be less, but I hope the team has something in mind that can be done quickly should people start needlessly griefing the spawns for people to key.

Remember your team has to plan for both players that act reasonably and those that do not.
  8. Vaclav Augur

8 hrs sounds longer than my AJs - but regardless don't forget the key spawns do pop in /pick zones. So your math looks right without /pick - but with it's a different ball of wax.
  9. Kahna Augur

Assuming those zones have picks. I don't see a ton of Emerald Jungle picks popping up unless a guild or two drops in to force them.
  10. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

1) Pickzones increase the available number of spawns 2-3x
    2) You don't need 50 people to do VP
  11. Vaclav Augur

EJ doesn't have a piece unless my memory is failing me: And even if it does, without people forcing /pick's (which I'm positive WILL happen for key parts) - EJ has a major raid target that will force some random picks to pop up.
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

I don't think you've played on a TLP before, at least not RF. There was something like 5 or 6 TTs open for the first 2 weeks and that number really only declined to maybe 3 after that. Are you talking about the pained soul?
  13. Shodai New Member

Could ya at least lower some spawn times? I'd prefer to not have to deal with ahk scripts in Kaesora.
  14. Tudadar Augur

I doubt all of the guilds raiding right now are going to rush to VP key. If they do a good chunk of their players wont be keyed. This should start to show the difference between in era raid guilds and one expansion behind guilds. Instead of just needing to be lvl 46+ people will have to put a good amount of time into keying so it will be interesting to see what happens. Some guilds are going to have to try to really push their members to do it and probably help eachother with shared questing.
  15. Varisath Elder

THANK YOU.
    Riley likes this.
  16. Trevalon Augur

Are the devs that certain guilds can run botted monks FD'd next to the key spawns that automatically picked up the spawns the instant they spawn in order to block every other guild from doing the content?

I am ok with getting a key, I am not ok with people purposefully blocking other guilds from content and DBG seemingly not caring/doing nothing about it?

Have yall considered adding key drops to the different raid bosses meaning that in order to get to VP you would have to clear previous Kunark bosses to get your raid keyed out. This seems like a logical progression that prevents other guilds from basically screwing people out of VP by using bots/hacks.

It doesnt seem like it would be that difficult to add a key drop to each boss in Kunark and let them say drop so many key pieces much like Trakanon does with teeth.

This way you can get into VP by doing the old key method, but guilds who raid the instances can work their way to keying their raids through the raiding process.

Would this not be a win/win for everyone? Makes sure 1 guild doesn't screw over an entire server and it forces the guilds to clear all of Kunark content before they can access VP.
  17. Slambit Journeyman

what is the point of instancing then?
    But honestly keep the keys, but do look into the respawn time and griefing potential please.
  18. Regular_Guy New Member

Any one of the 7ish raiding guilds on Phinny could claim almost all 250 keys available in era. With the speed of unlocks on Phinny it's not outside the realm of possibility that only two or three guilds will obtain a meaningful number of VP keys before Luclin drops.

This of course assumes that they change nothing whatsoever about the key quest and that no one intentionally griefs it, the latter of which I have very serious doubts about not happening. Phinny has already seen some pretty legendary trolling.
  19. BigDog Elder

[IMG]
    Qelyn likes this.
  20. Ducreux Augur

This is a terrible decision without adjusting the rate at which "an ancient Jarsath" in FV spawns OR dramatically lowering the threshold needed to spawn additional FV picks.

"a bloodgill Marauder" in LOIO isn't quite as bad due to the guarantee of a spawn every so many hours, but I have sat in FV for 30+ hours without seeing a single AJ spawn.

If you won't consider changing the rate at which it spawns would you at least tell us HOW his spawn table works? AFAIK there is no concrete method for him ever since FV was revamped many years ago when Evil overtook the outpost and then was ejected. With mobs killing eachother 24/7 in the zone across a broad range of area it is nearly impossible to track down what, if any, his spawn cycle mobs may be.

To be clear, I don't care if I ever set foot in VP on Phinigel. I got to experience its horrible itemization already on Ragefire so I can stand to miss it this time around. But there are a lot of people that want to do the instance raid of this content that should have the opportunity to do so without going through the hell that is the VP key in its current state.