Kudos Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jennre, May 20, 2020.

1. Wulfhere Augur

I take it back.

Poor to terrible server performance hasn't changed. In fact it might even be worse. It's hard to tell with the total crashing out of the Kael raid event we experienced Sunday.

Today I selected a vendor NPC to sell some items and my character blinked out for a second. Almost like a /rewind. Most of the UI was frozen. I couldn't do anything that required server side action. I had to /quit out to recover. Just terrible.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Today, it's taking 5 seconds to complete a /consider and many other actions. I clicked unsuspend my merc and nothing happened. So I clicked again. The result after about 10seconds was the merc joined the group and left the group (clicks were queued). I had to wait the 4+ minutes to re-summon the merc.

The lag is dangerous and approaching unplayable. It's not every server request. The bad performance seems to affect the first several actions/requests after zoning. Like there is some database request pipe-lining going on and it's adding hug latency to game play.

DPG is killing their game by using cheap low performance server instances. The database responses are getting worse and worse.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Wednesday is going to be brutal. (aradune/rizlona TLP release)
    Nadisia, enclee and feeltheburn like this.
  4. Nadisia Augur

Yep. Good luck to all those who will start the rush on the new TLPs if the servers are running on the same kind of toaster :p
  5. Jennre Band Leader

I could care less about # of likes. I was just saying I was happy with a more detailed explanation of what went wrong.