KRONOS / BANNING

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kookoo, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Not even considering the OP, it would actually be nice if Daybreak could officially say one way or the other if ever using Kronos obtained through illegal means even if you just bought it with plat could end up with a ban later.

Having it written one way or the other would probably be a smart idea.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well the other story I heard was that these were all bought in another country where the prices were super low. Indonesia maybe? Did Daybreak ever officially announce exactly what happened?
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I can see them not wanting to encourage more fraud and not being able to say there isn't "some way" at "some point" that they might do something.
  4. Gialana Augur

I think there can't even be a definitive answer, even if DBG wanted to issue a statement. Imagine if someone were able to use a throw away account to obtain a krono nefariously. Should they then be able to trade the krono to another of their accounts and keep that other account? In this scenario, I think DBG would be able to track what happened and possibly ban both accounts. But the scenario highlights one reason why such issues might need to be handled on a case-by-case basis.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231116448-Krono
    Restrictions and Limits

• Accounts must be 48 hours old to purchase.
    • Account limit of 9,999 Krono.
    • You may purchase 25 Krono in a 24 hour period.
    • Non Refundable.
    • Krono cannot be purchased with Station Cash
    • Krono can take up to 24 hours to appear on your account as your order is verified.
    • Once a Krono has been applied to an account, it cannot be transferred.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Missed that.. so no charge backs on krono :)
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Yep this is the whole reason it takes time to receive a krono. DBC gets their money first and then you get your krono just like going to a real store. You pay for your crap before you leave the store with it.
  8. svann Augur

I dont think thats how it works.
    If you chargeback a payment it is the CC company that gets to decide whether to do it or not, and I do not believe that they read the TOS from dbg to come to that decision. And yes they do have the means to enforce a chargeback even after DBG has the money in pocket.
  9. Siddar Augur

They can say no charge backs on krono all they want. The banks will simply charge back and issue you a new card.

They really don't give damn what daybreak says. Daybreak will of course then ban your account for doing this though.
    Cakekizy and disgruntled like this.
  10. Ishtass Augur

Saying no charge backs isn't to be implied that you can't, it's to be implied that you'll be banned for doing so.
    disgruntled likes this.
  11. svann Augur

You will be banned for any chargebacks. That rule is not specific to kronos at all.
    disgruntled likes this.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Of course
    disgruntled likes this.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

The question is also whether or not the person you sold the kronos to gets banned. Which there should be a definitive yes or no answer.
    Ishtass, svann and Jumbur like this.
  14. Thraine Augur

don't hold your breath. this company has a long history of leaving us in the dark on almost everything
    disgruntled likes this.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

They can't give an answer.

If they say yes anyone attached to a charged back krono purchase will get suspended or banned and they kill their market. If people can't freely trade or accept kronos to strangers then sales will plummet.

If they say no only the person who did the charged back gets suspended or banned then any shady types are free to make a new acct with a junk CC on a random IP address. Or have the help of a few people. Then sell or trade any krono they purchased in game and run it through a few transactions and then do a charge back on the original krono purchase. Essentially getting the kronos or whatever value in game they got for them for free as the second or third acct down the transaction line was the hidden beneficiary of the junk accts ban. Still a loss in sales depending on how many shady types take advantage.

Just have to hope the shady types involved in this are such a small % of the krono market that it does little to impact anyone. And have the customer service to try and weed out any ban issues that come up but its really he said she said in many cases.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And all of this is probably why it takes so long to get krono the first time you purchase them. Daybreak must be doing some sort of checks.
  17. bazinga Elder

so, if i can buy a bunch of krono on a new account, and then trade them off just before i charge back the purchase, what happens to the krono? Do they get wiped from the game and the people that got them are screwed? If the new account gets banned so what, i would be more concerned about the end user that had no idea the 2.2 million plat they traded is gone and the krono is now gone. There is a big ugly can of worms that really isn't being addressed by DB. If they dont remove the krono and just ban some innocent person, thats not a good business model and if they dont remove the krono, what is stopping everyone from doing it...other than honesty?
  18. HeatherPurrs Augur

This topic is old as the hills. You can not get banned for trading for Krono in game. What can get you banned is buying anything third party.

I'll make this very simple. If you trade for a Krono in game, you are safe. If you go to a third party site and buy anything and then receive it in game via a trade/parcel/whatever... Turn your permaban hourglass over. It might not be today or next week or next month but your perma ban is coming, count on that.

It's been said before, over and over, the majority of bannings come from multiple player reports against your account. Play nice people.
  19. disgruntled Augur

You're ignorant. People WERE banned because they received bad Kronos.
  20. NoWay Augur

Lol, the day they just ban for buying kroon in bazzar is the day I sell my acct and find another game. Guilt by association, bahhh.